15 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Who add more value, slenderman or manhunter ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Like the title says, who of these two nemesis add more to the game, in terms of challenging fight, changeing the campaign gear etc..

Im curious about it

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gerba
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Slenderman has a plethora of gear OPTIONS with the strange resource 'dark water'. You can craft a few items with it (I personally like the arrow ammo you get). The fight is much less forgiving and very frustrating though.
The manhunter is a pretty rough 'special' encounter at higher levels (but much more interesting and doable). Very cool mechanics and will definitely make your campaign harder, whereas the Slenderman will REPLACE the kingsman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmit Svenson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
More people named the Slenderman as their favorite nemesis to fight than named the Manhunter in an informal poll:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1577679/poll-your-favorite-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
it is a lot to consider:
- fun: I find slender man funnier, because it manages to keep you wary at all times and (best if not playing solo) it requires a lot more coordination than your usual nemesis.
- tactical combat: the manhunter wins. slender man mechanics rely on "lucky" placement for targeting, and luck to survive a dark place. you can always plan something against the manhunter, and its use of traps (literal traps, not the HL) makes you plan every step.
- game impact: it's different, and heavy for both. slender man replaces a nemesis, and allows you to craft and innovate with it. manhunter is more traditionally nemesis in this, but it's four special showdowns and related events.
- rewards: the slender man rewards more.
- items: both have great items.
- difficulty and frustration: slender man is generally more difficult and frustrating; more, consequences of its showdown are likely to impact future showdowns as well (blotted out, insanity lost and specific disorders)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
dgenclass wrote:
Like the title says, who of these two nemesis add more to the game, in terms of challenging fight, changeing the campaign gear etc..

Im curious about it

Thanks !

Slenderman in nearly all of the ways.

More new weapons. Settlement event card. The gear is neat and secret fighting art is very cool. I find the fight with him a little more... unpredictable due to the mystical nature of the creature.

If I had to choose slenderman definitely.

Not to say that man hunter isn't any good. It just has a considerably more punishing encounter that turns the difficulty up in a very aggressive way. I mean. You get can get a gun.... that's something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does the slenderman comes back after the first encounter ? Like it "hunts" the settlement ? Or it's like the kingsman just a nemesis fight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I haven't played against the man hunter yet, however I have fought the slender man.

I like how the slender man gives resources than you can use and a sudo settlement location/innovation, as well as adding two settlement events.

I don't like how he replaces all unnamed nemesis encounters, which makes getting the forsaker mask next to impossible (not that it is easy in the first place)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle Chipperson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks ! I think I'll go for the manhunter, will just have to wait till tomorrow noon to get it delivered here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
you can't heart flute the manhunter, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Why can't you use the flute on the lion knight, manhunter or tyrant? Is it because they are special nemesis encounters and aren't on your settlement sheet as potential nemeses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
it is written in the rules for the three of them, although in different places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slaaneth wrote:

I don't like how he replaces all unnamed nemesis encounters, which makes getting the forsaker mask next to impossible (not that it is easy in the first place)

The best way to get yourself a Forsaker Mask is to use the Messenger of the Spiral Path nemesis.

He replaces a Lv 2 Butcher, and has a 30mm (one square) base- find his rules among the promo mini encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.