Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stig Beite Løken
Norway
Stavanger
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that the expansion originally was due for releast at Essen, but that it got postponed so that there could be more playtesting (probably a sound decision). But do we have any news? Are there going to be some teasers at Essen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Trabert
Germany
Düsseldorf (34 km south of Essen)
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking yesterday to a guy at the CGE booth at Essen, and he told me that the expansion is supposed to come out in 2016 already. However, he did not show me any of the new cards, saying only (what we already knew) that the expansion consists of new wonders and leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Rymanowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
What about the APP ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know who said it would come out in 2016, but I can pretty much guarantee that it won't.

Maybe they meant to say "should have come out in 2016" which was the plan. It will be sometime next year I think.

App is 'almost done' but Vlaada wants to make it perfect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:

Almost done? Like a week away from being finished? Three weeks? Two month?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb
joefling34 wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:

Almost done? Like a week away from being finished? Three weeks? Two month?

If he's looking for perfect, it could be a while... wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iván Martínez
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
We want expansions!!!! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Raue
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any information about the card count? Would less than 200 be a safe assumption? I'm placing an order for sleeves soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I talked to Vlaada himself at the fair, very nice guy :-)
As far as I understood, he's putting all his effort into the app right now, to make it perfect and to get it on the market in 2016... Then it will be much easier for him to playtest his "Leaders and Wonders" expansion, since digital playtesting is a lot faster and more convenient ;-)

I hope they take their time for both, the app and the expansion. From what he told about and showed in the app, I guess in terms of complexity but also user-friendliness it will even surpass Galaxy Trucker... Just regarding all the hints and infos on the screen and the possibility to take back virtually every action that hasn't revealed any new info ist just a crazy difficult goal.
But I guess they'll make it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
zazery wrote:
Is there any information about the card count? Would less than 200 be a safe assumption? I'm placing an order for sleeves soon.

Far less than 200. Details were discussed on another thread, but it was around 70

Of course, the expansion has been delayed, so who knows what CGE might decide to do with it. But I don't think 200 cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Rymanowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
If they are adding new set of wonders and leaders it will be 10 for each age (4+6) plus generic cards like wonder 1 leader 2 (another 10 for each age) so 80 cards in total.
Unless the add some other cards / rebalance and replace some of the existing ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jablonovsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
my guess for app is january or february 2017 (we hope for december 2016, but let's face it)

then, Vlaada will have time to tweak the expansion in the app itself

my guess for expansion is Essen 2017

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Of course, the expansion has been delayed, so who knows what CGE might decide to do with it. But I don't think 200 cards.

Are you considering giving other elements of the game a tweak? Perhaps some changes/additions to the Tactics cards, as discussed in this much-thumbed thread: Tactics?

Or maybe a Starting-Player card, and some player mat-colored cubes for marking the Pacts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Rymanowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
The only problem I have with tactics are those with only 1 copy in a deck (all age II and 2 in age III).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Berfner
Sweden
Borås
Sverige
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really fine with a 80 expansion, but I'm also a bit curious/worried about the price point. How much could you charge for a 80 card pack? Sure there has been tones of development behind it, but customers in stores will look at deck of cards (small size even) and think: This isn't worth more then 10$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wish they would have brought in some asymmetrical powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were putting together a wishlist for the expansion, it'd include the following:

--Since people who buy the expansion are committed players, why not some top-notch glass cubes (that are a little less translucent and therefore easier to see), like these...

--Four extra red cubes, for the game comes with four too few.

--A card tray insert that could be used to hold (sleeved) cards and collect discards during gameplay.

--Extra disks in the players' colors for marking Pacts.

--Replacement cards for the 3+ and 4-player game cards, with markings that could be more readily seen.

--A replacement for the misspelled Mobile Artillery card.

--Extra Tactics cards, so that players can have two of each in each of the Military Decks, if they wish to.

--The seven extra cards that were removed from 2- and 4-player games, should players desire the same card counts that were in the original game.

--A Starting-Player card with notes about "wins ties in final scoring" and about "when this player takes his turn in Age-IV, he begins the last round".

--A handbook discussing strategy. And maybe some design notes.

--And of course the new Leader and Wonder cards already mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

The very first round of the game IS your asymmetrical powers selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

I agree with others that the Age of Antiquity cards are your asymmetric abilities. (As are the Leader and Wonder cards, which this expansion will be directly addressing.)

However, being a person who enjoys dabbling with design, I see two other ways for tweaking player abilities to give different national flavors.

(1) You could choose some already standard types of powers--and key them to the colors of the mat--as was suggested for the previous version of the game here.

(2) You could come up with some starting Player Ability cards and draw one at the start of the game, but make them abilities that are minor (so as not to disrupt balance that much), and make them unlike other powers in the game. This would take some thought. Some rough ideas to illustrate what I mean...
(A) International Bankers: Gain an extra Civil Action for use in your ensuing turn whenever another player places a new Mine card.
(B) The Horde: Start with three extra Workers.
(C) Sparta: You win ties in Aggressions.
(D) Black Market: Once per Age, during your turn, after dealing the Start Row, you can reshuffle the 13 cards and re-deal them.
(E) Fortresses: Any time someone conducts a War against you, at the conclusion of the War, they must lose 3 (during Age II)/6 (during Age III) strength points of Military Units (no Tactics counted).
(F) Doppelgangers: When constructing your second army, you may be one military unit short.
(G) Spies: Once per game, you may copy one of your opponent's Special Technologies. Place an old sock on his card as a reminder.
(H) Zombies: Anytime somebody disbands a Military Unit, you gain an additional Warriors unit with a yellow token taken from the box.
Etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikolaj Witkowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The thing I would most love to get from the expansion is a solo mode... Maybe also historical civilizations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
borsook wrote:
The thing I would most love to get from the expansion is a solo mode... Maybe also historical civilizations?

I would also like a solo mode to help me get more familiar/good at the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some tech would be cool too. Like at the end of every age, everyone gets to put 1 tech into play of their choice from like 5 choices each age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:
borsook wrote:

I would also like a solo mode to help me get more familiar/good at the game.
I would like a solo mode to buy the game, so as not to get dust on the shelf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow so more than 40 cards? I thought it was just a new set of leaders and wonders per age. Will the game last longer (more cards in civil decks), or will there be replacement cards for other kind of civil cards too, or are the rest of the cards military cards, maybe different tactics or events/colonies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japhet
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's just leaders and wonders. You're adding the same number of cards that you're taking away from each deck, so the game length is not necessarily any different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.