7 Posts

Commands & Colors: Napoleonics» Forums » General

Subject: Russians V Austrians rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, My friend has expressed a wish to play Austrians Vs the Russians. All of my scenarios are all Vs the French. Are there any Scenarios that I might be able to get hold of? I personally do not know of any battles featuring the two armies but I am sure there are some.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aranubis
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Historical the first war between these countries was the first world war afaik. You could do Hungaria vs Russia in 1849

Edit: of course there was the campaign of 1812 but there were no major battles between the Austrian corps and the Russians

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Malczak
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're open to playing non-historical scenarios, try the DYO scenario generator I uploaded last month.

One of the design goals was to allow different army match-ups (similar to Manoeuver) and Austria vs Russia is very playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There were multiple skirmishes and battles between Austrian and Russian forces in the 1812 campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Padraic Kirby
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a French-Austrian scenario. Replace each French unit with an equivalent Russian unit. The resulting scenario should be reasonably balanced.

The Austrian Army marched into Russia in 1812 as allies of France against the Russians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks, some options there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aranubis
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh yes i forgot the campaign of 1812. You may look for the Battle of Gorodetschna and Battle of Voskrinitza.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.