Subject: Compulsory vs. Optional (eggs and sticks) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hansel
United States
Spencer
IA
flag msg tools
The rules say "you may place your sticks on the nest" and "you may place an egg on your turn" making these sound like choices. I get that you have the option to place an egg or not but placing sticks should be compulsory. Is there something lost in translation?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Víktor Bautista i Roca

Catalonia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you MUST place all the sticks on the nest. And, if you have taken a single colour stick and there's no penalty, you MAY place an egg. Sometimes, specially if there are very few sticks conforming the nest and the egg will probably fall down inside the can, you may decide not to place it, cause you might end helping another player (taking one of their eggs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the rules clarifications Viktor, they really help!
If I could add a question, When you attempt to place Kiki, Does he have to stand upright, or can you lay him on his back to distribute his weight better? Could this be a child player "YES" adult player "NO" answer?

BTW, great game guys, so simple, but it's incredibly addictive; we can't put it down!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Víktor Bautista i Roca

Catalonia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nicer if Kiki is standing, but it's not compulsory. So, yes, you can decide kids can put it in any way, but adults standing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.