Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

If I get the deluxe version, I assume I can play the old or new way depending on which side of the board, correct?

And with the old way, have the rules changed dramatically or is it similar to old version?

I have never played the game, just trying to figure it out.

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
Yes. The side with the bank at the bottom right of the board (and the square in the center) is the old "2010" version. The other side is the "2016" version. You can also tell by the label on the wine bottle that's on the board.

With the "2010" version, The most noticeable change to the old edition of the game is the addition of a new region which provides you with farmers. Farmers are placed on vineyards to improve the produced wine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
from page 11 of the reference book:

Quote:
DIFFERENCES FROM 1ST EDITION
You may notice a few small differences between the 2010 Reserve and the first edition of Vinhos. These may seem like minutiae, but they can make a big difference to the balance of the game.
• The starting player order is determined by the Regions of your Initial Vineyards. The player who chooses the lower-numbered region starts first. If multiple players choose the same region, their initial turn order does not change relative to one another.
• The first player starts the game with one Bago fewer, and the fourth player starts with one more.
• There is one more region to choose from: Ribatejo, which also introduces 4 farmers to the game, and increases the number of available Regions by one for all player counts.
• The number of Enologists in game now depends on the number of players. (See point 9.1 in p.8).
• The number of Export Slots in the 2-player game has been reduced.
• In the 2-player game, the Fair awards the 1st and 3rd place VP to the two players.
• A maximum of 16 VP has been set for the Magnates’ money multiplier.

You may also play using an easy variant to the Maintenance phase, representative of the local businesses consuming their supply of your wine:

Maintenance Variant (2010 Reserve):
During Maintenance, in turn order, each player must perform the “Retrieve pairs of barrels from local Establishments” action if he can. He does not have to take more than one pair of barrels.

Or have fun by playing with one more Estate:

5 Estates Variant (2010 Reserve):
During setup choose the Special Vintage 2016 side of the player board. Use the 10th color disc in the box to cover the 5th Estate. Play using the normal rules.

And I'd also note the order of the estates have changed from the base game, but that only matters with the new rule about starting turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
mfl134 wrote:
And I'd also note the order of the estates have changed from the base game, but that only matters with the new rule about starting turn order.

I assume you mean the region numbers? "Estates" are the areas on your player board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
SaltyHorse wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

I assume you mean the region numbers? "Estates" are the areas on your player board.

Indeed. Thanks for the correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "new" version of the 2010 game does have some very minor rules changes. However, these seem more like tiny balance tweaks (ie. starting cash at set-up and starting turn order) than anything. The biggest change is the addition of a new region and farmers, but since that works according to existing rules anyway, it isn't a major change in my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.