Subject: Aztecs first thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Łukasz Wachowski
Poland
Rudnik nad Sanem (podkarpackie)
podkarpackie
flag msg tools
I'm just after first game and I'm very happy with the balance (for now) and fun this expanion gives But I noticed some mistakes. Aztec token (this on victory pionts tour) is the same on both sides (no "+50" notification) and one card egyptian card ("Ksiądz Tadzio" in PL) has japanese card back (what is a huge mistake).

- Aztecs have orange faction color.
- Statue tokens are used only by Egyptians. They may build up to three location named "Cheops Statue". This location has "Action: Pay 3 stone for 2 vp and put statue token here." and "Feature: If you have 3 these tokens at the end of the game, gain 8 VP".
- Aztecs have Open production of 2 meeples.
- Aztecs have some cards that gives us huge bonus, but one of selected players have any bonus also. This way we can help player whos weak and isn't a daner for us and ramp us up.
- Aztecs may store stone. produces 4 meeples, 1 sword, 1 stone and 1 tricolored bless. They produce no defence token.

My first game I lost against Egyptians and Atlanteans, but with some practice, I will increase my score for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backero wrote:
and one card egyptian card ("Ksiądz Tadzio" in PL) has japanese card back (what is a huge mistake).

That is a big mistake. Hopefully that is fixed by the time I am able to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Wachowski
Poland
Rudnik nad Sanem (podkarpackie)
podkarpackie
flag msg tools
It may be only in polish wave, ask somebody who's got english version. It may be correct there.

For now propably all polish ones has this mistake. Portal will propably provide a sending of correct cards (did it with thair another game's mistakes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian S
msg tools
mbmbmb
The english version has the same issues.
VP token is missing the +50 on the back and the egypt card (EGY070 / "Bob the priest") has a japanese back.

Plus the rule book states "46 Blessing tokens (5 sets of 9 different colors...)"
But the box contains 2 punchboard holding only 37 tokens (4 (!) sets of 9 colors + 1 tricolor)

I just emailed portal games about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
That's sad to hear, it's kinda of a major faulth My copy is underway,but i'm certain portal will fix it's mistake and offer replacement card and token for free

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Some major problems. Is there no quality control at all? Seems like if anyone even took only a cursory glance at the product they would have seen these problems before they shipped. Sounds like nobody from the company checked it at all before it shipped from the manufacturers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Marechal
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More likely, they did. Just on their way back from Essen though, I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Portal just replied. The rule book has a wrong number of blessing tokens (so 37 seems to be correct) and the corrected card will be available from their webshop soon.

Quote:
Hello
I am sorry for problems.
There is a mistake in a rule book.
The card is printed now. We will have them soon on our website, with a shipping for free of course.
Greetings
Portal Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
i just swapped it out with a card from the expansions, so it won't be missed to much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
One other minor thing to report: It is a bit difficult to tell Orange from Pink blessing token symbols when printed so small.
This could be my old-man eyes though, and context is usually good enough, but it does make this expansion less-colorblind-friendly

Edit: Nevermind
It looks like when the "blessing" symbol appears on card text to gain one, the color of that symbol is supposed to be ambiguous and there are separate rules for what you can gain. That serves me right for looking at the cards before I read the rules carefully....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Umciowski
msg tools
Unfortunately, Portal seems to have no intentions to ship VP tokens as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian S
msg tools
mbmbmb
just In case you didn't already notice...
Bob the Priest replacement card is available at the Portal Games webshop:
see here: http://portalgames.pl/shop/en/corrected-card-bob-the-priest-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bulifm wrote:
just In case you didn't already notice...
Bob the Priest replacement card is available at the Portal Games webshop:
see here: http://portalgames.pl/shop/en/corrected-card-bob-the-priest-...

Ugh.. $6.01 (including shipping) for a corrected card that was their mistake? That's a bit much.

Portal Shop Support sent me 4 replacement damaged cards for free. Maybe I'll contact them directly to see if they can send me a Bob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
$6.01 (including shipping)

After I contacted Portalgames, looks like they added a free shipping option for it.
They claimed it's "free with free shipping", but it was actually 1 cent with free shipping. I'll pay the penny. That's fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Last
msg tools
mb
The replacment card isnt avaliable any more in the webshop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
james0007 wrote:
The replacment card isnt avaliable any more in the webshop

I am sure it will be, but from what I understood is that it went out of stock due to some US replacement stock issues. They are also working on stocking their web store at the moment, possibly some inventory management.

There is no way Portal Games has abandoned customers who haven't gotten the replacement card yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave E

Florida
msg tools
Man... I got the misprinted +50 token, the misprinted card back, and am missing 6 of the statue tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.