Hide
6 Posts

Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » General

Subject: The Story Prompts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Young
msg tools
Does the long night not have the story prompts, like in the original? I didn't see it in the rule book and i looked around online. If not, that's a real shame cause I thought they added a lot of fun flavor to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LegendaryDudikoff wrote:
Does the long night not have the story prompts, like in the original? I didn't see it in the rule book and i looked around online. If not, that's a real shame cause I thought they added a lot of fun flavor to the game.

Yeah they are sadly gone :/ For a game that has Crossroads cards written in such detail, it's strange that they decided not to do it again, leaving some scenarios difficult to understand just by the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Young
msg tools
aw man, that's real bummer. Does anyone know of a work around, short of writing my own. haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:

Yeah they are sadly gone :/ For a game that has Crossroads cards written in such detail, it's strange that they decided not to do it again, leaving some scenarios difficult to understand just by the title.

Totally agreeing on this one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soak man
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. This felt like an oversight that almost smacks of "we didn't have enough time." The game was thoroughly playtested, but even if issues like this were brought up it might have been too late to solidify them into a rulebook or have the text reviewed and edited before printing.

I think story/narrative is always worth the extra time if possible though. Resolution is important when players walk away from the table. It sometimes factors in to whether they will remember the game positively and will play again in the future.

Solution = write them yourself OR maybe post on plaidhats official forum or find a contact on their page to see if they can consider posting official text intros or conclusions on their site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soakman wrote:
Solution = write them yourself OR maybe post on plaidhats official forum or find a contact on their page to see if they can consider posting official text intros or conclusions on their site.

If someone discovers/writes some story pieces I would be happy if they were shared here on BGG
Volunteers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.