Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: The Rush for Delivery rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen
msg tools
badge
The rush is somewhat funny. I imagine what will happen for many who are desperately awaiting their copy is that they will:

1) Receive it
2) Post about it here
3) Open it and gawk at the toys
4) Post about it here
5) Put it away
6) Much time will go by before it actually gets played
7) A new hyped gamed will rear its head at the top of the Hotness
8) Begin talking about, and ultimately order, new hyped game
9 Repeat Steps 1 - 8
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same process as every other new game you mean? How is this post necessary?
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
msg tools
badge
Hillean wrote:
Same process as every other new game you mean? How is this post necessary?


It's not the process for every other new game. It is about games that are both new and hyped. Not all new games are hyped.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm just waiting to see what is in the secret box. Anyone have ideas. Maybe Rumble final boss model?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrdabba wrote:
I'm just waiting to see what is in the secret box. Anyone have ideas. Maybe Rumble final boss model?


There are plenty of spoilers out there for this I'm sure. I know Rodney said he wasn't going to spoil it in the overview, but I'm pretty sure both Rahdo and Tom Vassel have opened it on camera.

My guess (have purposely avoided spoilers) is that it's a final boss or some such huge mini; maybe a voltron of minions? Either way, I think its some big thing that needs killing.

edit: my only other evidence that this is probably the case is that there are plenty of references to "deal 1 damage" and not "kill a minion". It's very clear that the minions are all one hit kills, so why bother tallying damage if there's nothing that takes more than one hit... unless there IS something that takes more than one hit...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
True. Have to admit that I fell for the hype on this one. But I know for a fact that my kids will play the crap out of this over the upcoming holidays, so no regrets here.


I so agree with this. I probably won't play my copy immediately because my kids are so young and I'm not sure this will resonate with my gaming group. But in a couple/three years when my kids are 10 and 8 rather than 7 and 5, I know this will get played over and over.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrdabba wrote:
I'm just waiting to see what is in the secret box. Anyone have ideas. Maybe Rumble final boss model?


Word on the street is that the secret box isn't opened until the third or fourth mission, so you will have to play the game for at least a few hours before you get to that point in the campaign.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
True. Have to admit that I fell for the hype on this one. But I know for a fact that my kids will play the crap out of this over the upcoming holidays, so no regrets here.


My gaming group has a set of game days scheduled during the Christmas break so it'll get played lots. But I do agree with the general sentiment that many times we pick up a game and then put it onto our shelves unplayed. Rather sad .
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ciffy wrote:
Mrdabba wrote:
I'm just waiting to see what is in the secret box. Anyone have ideas. Maybe Rumble final boss model?


There are plenty of spoilers out there for this I'm sure. I know Rodney said he wasn't going to spoil it in the overview, but I'm pretty sure both Rahdo and Tom Vassel have opened it on camera.

My guess (have purposely avoided spoilers) is that it's a final boss or some such huge mini; maybe a voltron of minions? Either way, I think its some big thing that needs killing.

edit: my only other evidence that this is probably the case is that there are plenty of references to "deal 1 damage" and not "kill a minion". It's very clear that the minions are all one hit kills, so why bother tallying damage if there's nothing that takes more than one hit... unless there IS something that takes more than one hit...


Well I couldn't help myself so I did look at the Tom Vassel review and all I can say is OMG!!!! I'm going to keep a secret when I play with the kids can't wait to see their faces.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Same boat here...

Showed my kids the overview vid and Rodney vid and they are pumped.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne J
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My 16 year old son is a huge League of Legends fan and for the FIRST TIME, he is finally excited to get and play a new board game. He has actually asked me about it twice since I showed him Vassel's review.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
newtsmelt wrote:
The rush is somewhat funny. I imagine what will happen for many who are desperately awaiting their copy is that they will:

1) Receive it
2) Post about it here
3) Open it and gawk at the toys
4) Post about it here
5) Put it away
6) Much time will go by before it actually gets played
7) A new hyped gamed will rear its head at the top of the Hotness
8) Begin talking about, and ultimately order, new hyped game
9 Repeat Steps 1 - 8
I disagree. I have the feeling this game will get played more often and quicker than say, your average kickstarter or "best of GENCON/SPIEL".
I for one bought it in no small part because I'm sure I'll get it played with the family shortly after receiving it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
msg tools
badge
Espinoza wrote:
newtsmelt wrote:
The rush is somewhat funny. I imagine what will happen for many who are desperately awaiting their copy is that they will:

1) Receive it
2) Post about it here
3) Open it and gawk at the toys
4) Post about it here
5) Put it away
6) Much time will go by before it actually gets played
7) A new hyped gamed will rear its head at the top of the Hotness
8) Begin talking about, and ultimately order, new hyped game
9 Repeat Steps 1 - 8
I disagree. I have the feeling this game will get played more often and quicker than say, your average kickstarter or "best of GENCON/SPIEL".
I for one bought it in no small part because I'm sure I'll get it played with the family shortly after receiving it.



Says you ಠ_ಠ, not me, The Arbitrarian
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Take away the post about it here and you've got me down to a T.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.