Subject: [Poll] - What would be your best digital companion ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
WaibCam
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

a friend of mine and I have many ideas concerning a fan site dedicated to The 7th Continent.
We called that concept "Digital Companion".

However, we've decided to make a poll in order to understand the community needs and define our priorities in that project.

Here is the Google Form for it: The 7th Continent : What would be your best digital companion ?
We would really appreciate if you can take few minutes for it (around 5 minutes).

Any comment will be more than welcome here.

Thanks a lot !
Kamille
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: [Poll] - What would be your best numerical companion ?
Hi !

I'm the other guy who dreams to develop the best tool for the best game ever seen. We hope you like our ideas !
Thank you for your help !

Note for the french users :
Une version français du sondage est disponible ICI.
Si vous avez déjà répondu à l'une ou l'autre version, merci de ne pas participer une deuxième fois.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... so I can bear with you, please!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb

When the game is finally published, will you post here the results of your poll? And your conclusions and decisions, s'il vous plait. Merci!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
gmilitaru wrote:

When the game is finally published, will you post here the results of your poll? And your conclusions and decisions, s'il vous plait. Merci!

Yes, of course !
And we will post this before the delivery of the game because we want to start the development of our tool as soon as possible. So, when the number of answers will become steady, we will post an analysis and that we decide to make (or not).

Au revoir et à bientôt !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you mean Digital Companion? I think that is a better english word choice than numerical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the term "numerical" is because they want to reference cards by card number. So you can look up the card number and get information about the card. But I agree that it's a confusing name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WaibCam
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, I guess we simply failed

Funny thing is that David M. wrote me right after I made this post and wrote : "I'm not sure numerical is right, digital sounds better."

It suddently became crystal-clear ! But too late though
Anyway, I guess you guys got the global idea, so that's what all matters for us now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WaibCam
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
By the way, here is a thing I made almost a year ago, when the PnP was released : http://188.165.247.147/7thcontinent/ (HTML + JQuery only)
Before you say anything, yes the game authors gave me their approval for doing that.

Anyway, I didn't finish it but it gives you an idea of the last sub-project part. We are all aware that this is a huge thing though ...

Also, is was maybe not entirely clear in our description, but the Wiki project we have in mind is not just a standard Wiki thing.

It's more like a fan site completely oriented and dedicated to the game.
I can't say much and I hope you'll see it someday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamille wrote:

You can change the title of this thread by editing the first post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WaibCam
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Kamille wrote:

You can change the title of this thread by editing the first post.

Oh laugh
Done, thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

Some informations about our pool :
- We published the pool 5 days ago.
- 78 answers for the moment.
- If we consider 6571 english backers (src=KS-community-page), only 1,17% have been answer to the pool.
- Compare to 3,86% in the french community (4064 people including the belgian and canadian french speakers).

You have to win this game !
You should share the link of the pool with the other 7thC players for example.
Yes, you can !
laugh

Note 1 : 3-4% is a low rate for statistics but it's enought to give us a good indication and to separate good and bad ideas. Thank you for your help !
Note 2 : Next time, we will give you some news about the result of the pool and about our project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
You have to compare your total against your advertised audience rather than your possible total.

I would guess that:
* most people on Kickstarter probably are not reading BGG (though there's probably a larger than normal percentage compared to a normal game sampling).
* of those BGG folks, most are not subscribed or otherwise reading this forum.
* a good percentage of the folks reading this forum read this message.
* many/most replied to your survey.

While your apparent return rate may be low compared to the number of backer, your actual return based on who you actually reached is probably much, much higher. I doubt you would have many more responses even if you posted a comment in the Kickstarter as only the hardcore seem to monitor the comments there and in my experience most of those are BGG regulars as well.

Probably the only way to reach a significant number of folks would be to have an Update sent.

Good luck with the project and thanks for taking the effort!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M.
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Your message is very revelant.

4 comments to complete your analysis :
- We also posted the link in the KS comments but I thing the major part of the hardcore backers are already somewhere on this forum.
- Serious Poulp know our project because we asked them if they want to insert a question in our pool for their usage (they answer no). IMO, an information about it on a next Update could be possible, but I prefer to use this nice "advertising" for the launch of our tool.
- We published the pool on TricTrac.net (the main french website about boardgame) and, even if the comparison with the number of backers is wrong, the rate is better. The french backers are maybe more concentrated there than here.
- Even if the rate is low, we learn some interesting trends.

Finally, I just try to make a competition game with this pool... because I'm so sad to not play to 7thC at Essen ! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Good to hear about TricTrac. So many people come to BGG and seem to assume that it has most boardgamers and/or is representative of the boardgame population. Heh. Even the least involved BGG'er is already more "hardcore" than most of the remaining population. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.