Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I got a confirmation mail and invoice, both saying I can make chances in my account, but I can't do anything? Where and how do I cancel my order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ Terry
United States
Nowhere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would contact them through their support page. Here is the link for you: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use their support page, choose Merchandise and then cancel your order from the options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Borders
United Kingdom
Falmouth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
How come you're cancelling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyborders wrote:

If I were to assume, ebay prices on this are a bust right now and lots of people were hoping for a quick flip for a profit.

But I'm just guessing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Borders
United Kingdom
Falmouth
Cornwall
flag msg tools
Hillean wrote:
jonnyborders wrote:

If I were to assume, ebay prices on this are a bust right now and lots of people were hoping for a quick flip for a profit.

But I'm just guessing

Ah yeah probably it. I was just going to chip in that if they were in EU I would happily take the order from them but not at a mark up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:

But I'm just guessing

I'm not sure if that was the OP's motivation, but I'm glad the scalpers on ebay are getting taken for a ride. They paid $80 for it hoping they could flip it for a quick profit, only to realize that the game is going to continue to be available in good quantities for the foreseeable future. Plus, they can't compete with the $5 (north American) shipping from the publisher. Good! Screw scalpers.

(Again, I'm not implying this was the OP's motivation at all. I'm just commenting on those who ARE scalping on ebay.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
jonnyborders wrote:

But I'm just guessing

That would be my first guess too --- but with 30000 copies available and the average popular Kickstarter game sells about 10000 why would anyone think this was gonna be a mad rush ???

Of course it's also possible that he has fallen onto hard times and can't afford it, who's to say
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Gass-Donnelly
msg tools
mbmbmb
$5 shipping maybe applies to US but it was $20 to Canada
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Moody
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I have never been able to cancel at Riot. I buy t-shirts there. Once you click buy, you do or you die (I gave it a shot)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
London
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a chance it's a less nefarious reason. Myself for example didn't realize quite the extent of the misprinting there appears to be, to be honest I still don't but it sounds like a lot.

Fact is I have a huge collection of games to hold me over and it would probably be wiser for me to either cancel or try to swap my wave 1 with a wave 2 order. I would much rather wait a couple months and get a *slightly* more finalized copy of the game.

Still though, it seems like to much of a hassle at this point to do anything and I'll probably just take the game as it comes.

Hopefully they have errata packs with the newer printing of cards & instructions with fixes that we can purchase for less than an arm and a leg. Maybe they'll even let BGG sell the replacements in their store and I can pick them up for a nominal fee later on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan T
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Null Field wrote:

I know there is nothing legally wrong with what they are doing, but I find that kind of thing distasteful and do enjoy watching them fail.

If you wanted to get technical, there is something legally wrong with it if they are not reporting the profit to the IRS and paying taxes on it.

Of course, the same could be said for anyone outside of CA who does not report the purchase of the game to their state and pay the appropriate sales tax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:
There's a chance it's a less nefarious reason.

I agree, but as the original poster in question also created the thread asking about the lack of EU copies, I have a feeling his ordered copy was a shipment 2 version already...

madaxer wrote:
Myself for example didn't realize quite the extent of the misprinting there appears to be, to be honest I still don't but it sounds like a lot.

It doesn't sound like a lot to me.

There seems to be only a single card affected, and that card is a schematic, so there is no harm in changing the value on its back to match its front as schematics aren't ever randomised and their fronts are open information.

The rules seem to be minor omissions, such as how the Oil Slick rules in the main reference guide is missing a note about stopping on non oil spaces. Most of them will be obvious what the answer should be, and I'm sure we'll be getting errata notes along the way so we can markup our own rulebooks with the corrections if we like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I requested a cancelation just now. Looks like the December edition has the improved rulebook, and I'd rather have that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne J
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Really? WOW. I am impressed. I am 48 years old and still usually fall in the camp of "gotta have it now". :-/ Certainly, I wouldn't let a few changes to the rule book persuade me to wait a few months. It's pretty rare that I get a game that doesn't require some kind of FAQ, Eratta or at least searching a forum (for those "special circumstances" that come up, anyway). Chad Marler (ParofDiceParadise on The Dice Tower Channel) posted a review this week and covered the "rule book issues" and basically said everyone that played it in his group considered it a "non issue".....and he is the only reviewer I can recall even bringing up the subject. Anyway... I certainly "salute" you on your willpower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rahdo also mentioned minor rulebook issues, but said once he got the FAQ (which is now on mechsvsminions.com) that all his concerns were alleviated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GamingKodger wrote:

Really? WOW. I am impressed. I am 48 years old and still usually fall in the camp of "gotta have it now". :-/ Certainly, I wouldn't let a few changes to the rule book persuade me to wait a few months. It's pretty rare that I get a game that doesn't require some kind of FAQ, Eratta or at least searching a forum (for those "special circumstances" that come up, anyway). Chad Marler (ParofDiceParadise on The Dice Tower Channel) posted a review this week and covered the "rule book issues" and basically said everyone that played it in his group considered it a "non issue".....and he is the only reviewer I can recall even bringing up the subject. Anyway... I certainly "salute" you on your willpower.

Yeah I don't mind the rulebook. I can always reprint it. What bothers me the most are errata on actual cards but it seems we'll be able to request free replacement once they have them so I'm not worries. I'll just request the replacement card and in the meantime, I'll enjoy the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casper Nielsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love all the speculation around my cancel request .
I did not buy to sell on eBay, I have the money etc etc.
I'm not home in December/January due to travel, and I don't think I can ask UPS or who else will deliver to hold my package for a month or more.
I'll just grab an eBay copy from EU once the price drops, I can't support their actions in buying just to sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Racussen
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Joel Eddy, Drive Thru Reviews, had a fairly big go at the rule-book. However, he also said that the FAQ would (or has?) addressed his concerns.

(If you haven't checked him out before, you should!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Null Field wrote:
I know there is nothing legally wrong with what they are doing, but I find that kind of thing distasteful and do enjoy watching them fail.

Flipping for profit is legal, but I doubt that most people who do it claim the income and pay taxes on the income. Therefore, they're committing tax fraud regularly which is illegal.

Were people following the law, then I imagine most wouldn't bother with purchasing the "hot" item and flipping it for profit. It would essentially neuter the scalper market, which is why I imagine eBay takes no steps to ensure it's enforced.

If I were to purchase something for a ridiculous mark-up on eBay, I would certainly stick it to the seller by filing the appropriate tax forms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MoodyPhilips wrote:
Once you click buy, you do or you die (I gave it a shot)!

So, you missed?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4ntonio wrote:
Looks like the December edition has the improved rulebook ...

Oh? Nice! So, there was something good about not remembering to check in on thursday evening (I got a second wave order on friday morning).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Tang
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4ntonio wrote:
I requested a cancelation just now. Looks like the December edition has the improved rulebook, and I'd rather have that.

Darn. Just received a shipping notice even though I sent my cancel request Friday afternoon. Ah well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Roth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:
with 30000 copies available and the average popular Kickstarter game sells about 10000 why would anyone think this was gonna be a mad rush ???

Because League of Legends peaks at 7.5 million concurrent users, 26 million per day, and 67 million per month. The builtin fan base who are rabid over the IP is much larger than the entire board gaming hobby. Couple that with the fact that the board game is good enough to be an instant buy for many of the same people who drive those 10,000 kickstarter sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.