Subject: Yet another easy way to set up the game within a few minutes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From time to time I see players complaining about the long set up time, which for the most part has to do with preparing the chits and counters and cards on the complex matrix board. There is at least one easy way to minimize the time spent on the work before play.

My DIY Magic Realm box (not gorgeous but very serviceable) sits a set up tray. The tray is made of 3 plano boxes lining up side by side at the bottom of the box. The combo fits perfectly in a A4 plastic document box. The biggest advantage of this storage is that (almost) all the counters, treasures and spells are already set up and ready to play. Altogether there are 48 slots. The far back of each slot is labeled showing the quantity and the appearance conditions.

What's left out are the spell books of the four visitors. I use small zip lock bags trimmed to the size of the cards. To get a spell just slide them out of the side of the bag.

So to start a new game what I have to do is just laying the tiles.

After finishing a game, everything goes back to its home slot. If time permits I will sort out the treasures and the spells and then send them to the corresponding slots face down under the counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.