Benjamin Higgins
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
www.quarterstaffgames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm currently scheduling a campaign with one group of 5 players, but we're looking like only playing once a month, which works very well for my other players, but I'm chomping at the bit.

Would getting a second copy of the game, playing it a little more frequently, and maybe with only three players, be worth my time and money?

No spoilers please, but I'd be interested in hearing from people who have completed or are are 2/3 of the way through the story so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
flopcardboard wrote:
I'm currently scheduling a campaign with one group of 5 players, but we're looking like only playing once a month, which works very well for my other players, but I'm chomping at the bit.

Would getting a second copy of the game, playing it a little more frequently, and maybe with only three players, be worth my time and money?

No spoilers please, but I'd be interested in hearing from people who have completed or are are 2/3 of the way through the story so far.

The developer has stated that there's major advantages to having pre-existing knowledge of the campaign (unless all the other players have the same/similar pre-knowledge).
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23715608#23715608

If you can come to a reasonable solution for that (i.e., the group of 5 doesn't mind spoilers, or doesn't mind being at a disadvantage, or trusts you to handicap yourself appropriately), then it should work. Otherwise, patience is a virtue :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you're champing at the bit. Chomping would be painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It definitely wouldn't be much fun for your other players, or fair to them, if you've already played through the game and they haven't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is definitely knowledge you can gain in a game of SeaFall that will give you an unfair advantage. It goes beyond knowing what's in the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.