Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can an exploration token be traded in for a resource that has no available cubes in the supply?

Think of this for dealing with a crisis, and perhaps when building something that needs it.

We had a game last night where we had no stone anywhere but behind one players board. But we had exploration tokens. We werent sure if we could use them as "stone" for crisis or building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To confirm. We played it that the resource cube must be available in the supply for us to use a explore token to instantly use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that you can still use the exploration tokens as a resource, even if there aren't any of that resource in the supply when you are resolving a crisis.

On the other hand, you wouldn't be able to sell it on the market since there are no cubes available to be placed there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:
To confirm. We played it that the resource cube must be available in the supply for us to use a explore token to instantly use it.
You played correctly

Answered twice in the rules forum (this post should be in that forum)

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21372466#21372466

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20241302#20241302
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaMike wrote:
I've always played that you can still use the exploration tokens as a resource, even if there aren't any of that resource in the supply when you are resolving a crisis.

You'd be wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That probably explains why my search didnt find it. Forgot i was in general!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.