Subject: Thorgate & space mirrors (card 076) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
Wabamun
Alberta
flag msg tools

Hi guys, does Thorgate allow you to get the $3 discount on space mirrors (blue card) when you activate it's ability ($7 = raise 1 energy). I know you get the discount when first laying down the card, because of the energy tag. but does that tag also effect this blue cards action that can be taken every generation?

thanks

Very cool that after 10 plays (8 solo) this is the first time for this card combo...love the game, already a 9 in my BGG rating system.

Take care
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Elkins
msg tools
I would say no.

Thorgate says "when playing a power card" which, to me, implies playing it out for the first time, not activating a card's ability. The rulebook (which, in general, I found to be fairly poor)does distinguish actions between "playing a card" and "activating a blue card's ability".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. Playing a card is different from using an action on a previously played card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
Wabamun
Alberta
flag msg tools
Thanks, thats the call I made as well, but I said I would look for feed back incase I was wrong...which happened one time before in 1973.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cossackbad wrote:
Thanks, thats the call I made as well, but I said I would look for feed back incase I was wrong...which happened one time before in 1973.whistle

No, no, it was 1971!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.