Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just bought The Grizzled and will be teaching it to my group soon.

However, I plan on getting the 'At Your Orders' expansion soon, which I know changes a few of the base game rules, such as speeches are not removed from the game when used and support tokens can flip the solder cards back to their lucky charm AND remove a threat.

For those who have played it, do you think it's worthwhile teaching the game with these changes rules or will is mess with the base game too much?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be fine - if you find it too easy just change the number of trials cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are planning to use the expansion, I would teach the expansion rules to start with. Will make it easier going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use only a few of the expansion rules you will probably unbalance the game one way or another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO the game is better with expansion (mission cards)

Ig you intend to teach and play only with mission decks, I think it is ok to teach only the "easier" support rule, even if it will be too easy without expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.