1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [GameStop] Dixit $4.97, Target price match YMMV rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamestop is selling Dixit for $4.97. Currently not available online but some stores have it in stock. You can use their "pick up at store option" to check stores by you.
Target price matches Gamestop.com. When I went to the Target by me, the lady at the customer service desk had to check with the manager since Gamestop.com didn't show it in stock; he allowed it.
So you may or may not be successful at Target, depending on whom you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dragon
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, any chance this would work for Risk Star Wars edition too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CannonWolf wrote:
Gamestop is selling Dixit for $4.97. Currently not available online but some stores have it in stock. You can use their "pick up at store option" to check stores by you.
Target price matches Gamestop.com. When I went to the Target by me, the lady at the customer service desk had to check with the manager since Gamestop.com didn't show it in stock; he allowed it.

I didn't know Target did that. Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CannonWolf wrote:

Dam, at my Target and they won't honor it. :/

Edit: and now the store manager is even saying they don't even price match GameStop even though I called customer service and they said they did. -_- walked here for nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
CannonWolf wrote:

Edit: and now the store manager is even saying they don't even price match GameStop even though I called customer service and they said they did. -_- walked here for nothing.

They absolutely match Gamestop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
NowOrNever88 wrote:
CannonWolf wrote:

Yeah I know they do but the store manager said they didn't. I think she just wanted to get rid of me or didn't want to explain or anything. Is there anywhere I can complain to?

According to the guest service lady, the store manager was "as high as you could go in the store".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
NowOrNever88 wrote:
CannonWolf wrote:

Yeah I know they do but the store manager said they didn't. I think she just wanted to get rid of me or didn't want to explain or anything. Is there anywhere I can complain to?

According to the guest service lady, the store manager was "as high as you could go in the store".

That's the help section of the Target corporate site. If you go to the desk and show them that link, it seems inconceivable they could say "we don't do that" when their own website clearly and explicitly states that they do. You could complain to the district manager, I suppose, but if the store manager is that aggressively ignorant or stubborn I'm not sure what it will do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Garrott
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
The Kerbal Space Program of Games!
badge
How much deltaV is required?
mbmbmbmbmb
Success! Worked at my store (Fort Worth, Texas). Thanks a bunch!

When I pulled it up on my phone the "Unavailable online" was fairly small, so I think they glazed over it. She asked someone and they said they do match, then when she entered it it required a supervisor, but he just came by and entered his info without even looking at it.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer, no Gamestops within 100 miles have it. I was hoping the two in town would, since they had Force Awakens Core Sets for X-Wing when those got clearanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Jones
msg tools
Worked at my store too. (Little Rock, Arkansas)
It took them a while to find it in their system, but it eventually worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PizzaAroma wrote:

As far as I know, Target does not carry Star Wars Risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CannonWolf wrote:
PizzaAroma wrote:

As far as I know, Target does not carry Star Wars Risk.

They carry it online with a Ship to Store option. You would have to buy it first and then do a pricematch after (you have 14 days). They say "We match Target.com prices on in-store purchases and in-store prices for Target.com purchases" so they should allow it, but it's less explicit if you run into resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Shamber
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Target in Woodstock, GA matched the 4.97 price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:

The correct response was "Yeah, he's high all right."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
East Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Swung by my local Target (East Peoria, IL) after work and snagged one. Register guy kept repeating that he was sure they didn't price match Gamestop, despite my showing him the website posted in this thread earlier … "they musta just updated that site last night or something," he said.

Still ran the price match for me, though, so no complaints. Three more were on the shelf when I left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If the Customer Service is doing their job correctly, Target WILL NOT price match this as the item is out of stock online.

For them to match an instore price it has to be in a printed ad.

So fair warning, this is very much not a guarantee and you are very likely going to go home disappointed. If thats not acceptable to you then save yourself a trip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mondrianbox wrote:
Swung by my local Target (East Peoria, IL) after work and snagged one. Register guy kept repeating that he was sure they didn't price match Gamestop, despite my showing him the website posted in this thread earlier … "they musta just updated that site last night or something," he said.

Still ran the price match for me, though, so no complaints. Three more were on the shelf when I left.

Evidently, when Target employees are checking stores that they price match on their tablets, the Target software shows the Icons of the companies rather than the names. Neither the Target employee nor I recognized at first that Gamestop uses the power button icon from PCs as their symbol:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Zurita
United States
Brighton
MASSACHUSETTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got mine price matched! The employee was very nice and theanager who came over to put in the code didn't seem to care either way. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
3wgames wrote:

If the Customer Service is doing their job correctly, Target WILL NOT price match this as the item is out of stock online.

For them to match an instore price it has to be in a printed ad.

The first sentence is partially correct, the second sentence is completely incorrect. The price match page clearly states that you can show them a digital ad or online price on your mobile device for proof. They specifically state that they will match in store to online competitors. There is no need for it to be a printed ad (and would be impossible in many cases, as Amazon does not have a printed ad).

You are partially correct in that they should only be price matching the Gamestop price if their website shows it's available at a local store within a 25 mile radius.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colls
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, OP! Got one (the only one) in Rockville, MD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
There is no need for it to be a printed ad (and would be impossible in many cases, as Amazon does not have a printed ad).

Amazon isn't an in-store price, its an online price.

Hence the statement that it needs to be either in stock online, or in their printed ad for in-store prices (which, for many stores, is available online in digital form)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
damiangerous wrote:
There is no need for it to be a printed ad (and would be impossible in many cases, as Amazon does not have a printed ad).

Amazon isn't an in-store price, its an online price.

Hence the statement that it needs to be either in stock online, or in their printed ad for in-store prices (which, for many stores, is available online in digital form)

That doesn't make any sense. Go read the price match page I linked to. There's absolutely no requirement that in be in a printed ad. The criteria is that it must be available on-line from a listed competitor or be available in store within 25 miles. There are multiple ways you can prove this, and a printed ad is simply one of them.

Wait, are you the store manager from earlier in this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Van wyk
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Worked for me $5.45 with tax. Just had manager look and make sure it wasn't out of stock at Gamestop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robinson
msg tools
Got Target to price match in Tucson AZ, however this was at the 2nd store I went to. The first store would not do it since no Gamestops in town had it in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyranten wrote:
Got mine price matched! The employee was very nice and theanager who came over to put in the code didn't seem to care either way. Thanks for the heads up!

Colls wrote:
Thanks, OP! Got one (the only one) in Rockville, MD.

Your welcome! I'm glad others were able to enjoy this deal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.