$30.00
T
United States
flag msg tools
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/14/politics/mike-pence-body-image...

tldr:
"When Mike Pence was asked to respond to an 11-year-old girl's questions about body image and female objectification, the Republican vice presidential nominee responded by talking about foreign policy."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I dislike Pence, but he doesn't have many options here -- what's he supposed to say? "Yeah, the guy on the top of my ticket makes women feel bad and we're all ashamed of his comments."

He cannot say that. What's he supposed to do but pivot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
I dislike Pence, but he doesn't have many options here -- what's he supposed to say? "Yeah, the guy on the top of my ticket makes women feel bad and we're all ashamed of his comments."

He could be a decent human being and disavow his running mate, then stop campaigning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
Terwox wrote:

He could be a decent human being and disavow his running mate, then stop campaigning.

If he was going to do that then he never would have been his running mate in the first place. It's not like we didn't already know that Trump was a horrible person in the first place.

A friend of mine who is extremely conservative mentioned that when Pence was picked as the running mate that Pence seemed like a good conservative pick but anyone who considers Trump qualified to be president automatically disqualifies themselves as being qualified also.
He said that back in July.

Sorry but this nonsense is exactly what Pence signed up for. He should have known better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favourite part of his answer:

Quote:
The weak and feckless foreign policy that Hillary Clinton promises to continue has literally caused areas of the world to spin apart.

Really, though? Maybe I'm overly pedantic/ underexposed to the hyperbole of the US elections, but I'm not sure the misuse of the word 'literally' is helping him there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Eldritch wrote:

Quote:
The weak and feckless foreign policy that Hillary Clinton promises to continue has literally caused areas of the world to spin apart.

Really, though? Maybe I'm overly pedantic/ underexposed to the hyperbole of the US elections, but I'm not sure the misuse of the word 'literally' is helping him there.

Australia has moved 5 feet, so it's probably Obama's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey remember when Mike Pence used federal money meant for poor people to fund anti-abortion counselling centers

good times, Mike Pence, good times
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Eldritch wrote:

Quote:

Australia has moved 5 feet, so it's probably Obama's fault.

Obama is like, literally tectonic, he's seismic, he's right off the richter scale!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.