Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

Just trying to digest the rules and one thing I don't really get are the transport fees when you deliver your cattle.

The rules say: "if the nose of your engine is beneath or farther up the track..." or so.

Let's say I moved my disk to Sacramento and my engine is on space 15 I need to pay one buck because I would say that the nose is already under the crest (if I would use a ruler or so). But the same would be true for El Paso when my engine would be on space 11...

Thanks,
Markus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
Francesco Neri
mbmbmbmb
I should read: pay 1 buck for each cross between the space you are and the space under the crest where you put the disk.
I can see that the cross are between the spaces, so there is no mistake about. If you are on 15 ant put the disk on Sacramento, you count 1 cross between the two spaces, so you pay 1 buck. In you put the disk on San Francisco, since san francisco is on 18, you count 3 cross between, and pay 3 buck.

The same is not true if you put the disk on a space that it's behind the train. You pay only for cross ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I think this makes sense actually

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Geiregat
Belgium
flag msg tools
We were also confused by that little sentence at first.

But consider it like this: your engine only rides to space 15.
So if you deliver cattle at any city that is directly beneath space 15 or lower then that space you don't have to pay anything. Your engine already covers that part of the railroad.

But your engine does not ride any further then space 15. So you would need to help of an "external" engine to deliver the cattle to a city further then space 15. This imaginary external service costs you money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.