S C
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmb
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


You see some of us aren't suckered by the multi-decade propaganda campaign, and thus see at least one good option.
27 
 Thumb up
0.30
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


The choice is between the flawed HRC and completely unacceptable-at-any-level DJT.
12 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
More like toxic sludge cake vs plain whole wheat bread thats a little stale.

14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Americans want an outsider businessman?

Mark Cuban 2024.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


Yes, before you grow up, you see the world as a choice between all good and everything else. Then once you mature, you realize there are never ideal choices when it comes to complex decisions.

It really is just about minimizing the bad and accentuating the good.

When President Clinton takes the oath in January 2017, the best politician and choice will have been made.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


You see some of us aren't suckered by the multi-decade propaganda campaign, and thus see at least one good option.


If you accept either as anything than bottom tier you are suffering from an ideology infection.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
I'm pretty pleased with the outcome of Hillary Clinton's election, but concerned about the damage the Trump campaign has done to our national public life. Think about the accusations you just listed against her:

1. Liar
Certainly true, but no worse than usual for politics.

2. Fickle
Really? I have the impression that she changes with the times to some extent, but that doesn't make her any more fickle than America. And there are some very consistent trends in her policy preferences which resist even that.

3. Bought off by corporations
Again, yeah, but our political funding apparatus requires that, too. It sucks. I keep hoping Lessig will get back into the mix and primary her next time, not because I expect him to win, but because I think he'll bring important issues to the forefront of peoples' minds.

4. Voted for the Iraq war
Meh. There was near-unanimity on that at the time among our politicians. I didn't like it, but if they believed Bush, I can't really blame them for it if they own it as an error.

5. Happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides' favor
This seems like a different description for the same behavior you described as "fickle". I also don't know that it's true--when has she ever campaigned against equal rights for women? As for gay rights, my impression is that she's always been at least as progressive as the average American. Heck, I'm not sure I would have supported gay marriage in 1995. She hasn't seemed to me like a leader on this issue, which is sad, but she's come around, and I think we've probably had enough victories on gay rights recently that it might be in our long-term best interests to have a president who doesn't push particularly hard on that for the next eight years. I don't know why it makes conservatives feel so alienated, but it does, and I sort of like that Clinton is pretty centrist. Indeed, I think Obama was also fairly centrist, and I'm glad of it. I think nominating presidents in the mainstream is the sign of a responsible party. I wish we had two in this country.

But, I'm generally a gradualist, not a radical. So it's not surprising that I'd see Clinton as a pretty good option. I also have some hope that she'll be able to put some more focus on families, and that this will bring the country together. In all our fighting for the rights of everyone to structure their lives however they like without their government being biased against them because of it, I fear that Democrats have failed to communicate that one of the ways we'd like people to be able to thrive is in families, and that we're concerned about their welfare, too.
13 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


Yes, before you grow up, you see the world as a choice between all good and everything else. Then once you mature, you realize there are never ideal choices when it comes to complex decisions.

It really is just about minimizing the bad and accentuating the good.

When President Clinton takes the oath in January 2017, the best politician and choice will have been made.



No one is perfect but at least Sanders had integrity and that to me made him as close to ideal as you were going to get. I don't even agree with many of his policies but at least he had a history of consistency of views. Shame the DNC was...persuaded to select someone of the same tier as Trump in quality.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not concerned one bit actually, because I understand the results of both options.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
scott3387 wrote:
If you accept either as anything than bottom tier you are suffering from an ideology infection.


Can you name some top-tier living options? I understand that asking that might be challenging in the US context, as you're across the pond, so feel free to choose from among your own politicians.

You're obviously right that it's possible everyone who sees Clinton as pretty good is ideologically blinded, but presumably you're also aware of the possibility that you're setting the bar so high no one can clear it in order to be able to make the equally ideological point that both candidates are awful.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scott3387 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


Yes, before you grow up, you see the world as a choice between all good and everything else. Then once you mature, you realize there are never ideal choices when it comes to complex decisions.

It really is just about minimizing the bad and accentuating the good.

When President Clinton takes the oath in January 2017, the best politician and choice will have been made.



No one is perfect but at least Sanders had integrity and that to me made him as close to ideal as you were going to get. I don't even agree with many of his policies but at least he had a history of consistency of views. Shame the DNC was...persuaded to select someone of the same tier as Trump in quality.


This is like debating what would have happened if Hitler was killed by Stauffenberg's plot.

Just armchair masturbation.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
I'm pretty pleased with the outcome of Hillary Clinton's election, but concerned about the damage the Trump campaign has done to our national public life. Think about the accusations you just listed against her:

1. Liar
Certainly true, but no worse than usual for politics.

She has one of the worst records of any politician

2. Fickle
Really? I have the impression that she changes with the times to some extent, but that doesn't make her any more fickle than America. And there are some very consistent trends in her policy preferences which resist even that.

If you chart her views she pretty much aligns with general voter sentiment.

3. Bought off by corporations
Again, yeah, but our political funding apparatus requires that, too. It sucks. I keep hoping Lessig will get back into the mix and primary her next time, not because I expect him to win, but because I think he'll bring important issues to the forefront of peoples' minds.

No other politican takes vast sums from middle eastern governments and non-US HQ multinationals through a proxy fund to get around not being able to accept donations from other countries.

4. Voted for the Iraq war
Meh. There was near-unanimity on that at the time among our politicians. I didn't like it, but if they believed Bush, I can't really blame them for it if they own it as an error.

She had more information than "99%" of the people involved in that decision and she was still for the war. I argue it's because it was the fashion at the time.

5. Happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides' favor
This seems like a different description for the same behavior you described as "fickle". I also don't know that it's true--when has she ever campaigned against equal rights for women? As for gay rights, my impression is that she's always been at least as progressive as the average American. Heck, I'm not sure I would have supported gay marriage in 1995. She is on record in 2004 as saying marriage is a sacred bond between man and woman She hasn't seemed to me like a leader on this issue, which is sad, but she's come around, and I think we've probably had enough victories on gay rights recently that it might be in our long-term best interests to have a president who doesn't push particularly hard on that for the next eight years. I don't know why it makes conservatives feel so alienated, but it does, and I sort of like that Clinton is pretty centrist. Indeed, I think Obama was also fairly centrist, and I'm glad of it. I think nominating presidents in the mainstream is the sign of a responsible party. I wish we had two in this country.

But, I'm generally a gradualist, not a radical. So it's not surprising that I'd see Clinton as a pretty good option. I also have some hope that she'll be able to put some more focus on families, and that this will bring the country together. In all our fighting for the rights of everyone to structure their lives however they like without their government being biased against them because of it, I fear that Democrats have failed to communicate that one of the ways we'd like people to be able to thrive is in families, and that we're concerned about their welfare, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


Yes, before you grow up, you see the world as a choice between all good and everything else. Then once you mature, you realize there are never ideal choices when it comes to complex decisions.

It really is just about minimizing the bad and accentuating the good.

When President Clinton takes the oath in January 2017, the best politician and choice will have been made.



No one is perfect but at least Sanders had integrity and that to me made him as close to ideal as you were going to get. I don't even agree with many of his policies but at least he had a history of consistency of views. Shame the DNC was...persuaded to select someone of the same tier as Trump in quality.


This is like debating what would have happened if Hitler was killed by Stauffenberg's plot.

Just armchair masturbation.



Well you had your 'choice' (haha like the plebs ever mattered) and now it options are terrible and very bad. Saying one is better than the other and therefore I'm voting because it's the 'least bad' doesn't make the options any sweeter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
If you accept either as anything than bottom tier you are suffering from an ideology infection.


Can you name some top-tier living options? I understand that asking that might be challenging in the US context, as you're across the pond, so feel free to choose from among your own politicians.

You're obviously right that it's possible everyone who sees Clinton as pretty good is ideologically blinded, but presumably you're also aware of the possibility that you're setting the bar so high no one can clear it in order to be able to make the equally ideological point that both candidates are awful.


As I already hinted, Sanders. I don't even like his positions but he is very respectable, honest and consistent. What more do you need in a good option?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmb
scott3387 wrote:
windsagio wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


You see some of us aren't suckered by the multi-decade propaganda campaign, and thus see at least one good option.


If you accept either as anything than bottom tier you are suffering from an ideology infection.


I see below that you're a burner. Not even one with the excuse of being in the US.

You like the purity that can only come from having no power, I get that.

I on the other hand like people I think can be effective. Even more, I've been following this for a long time, and probably in a detail that you haven't bothered to.

She's fine, she's good even. This is like Americans waxing poetic about Brexit.
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
windsagio wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


You see some of us aren't suckered by the multi-decade propaganda campaign, and thus see at least one good option.


If you accept either as anything than bottom tier you are suffering from an ideology infection.


I see below that you're a burner. Not even one with the excuse of being in the US.

You like the purity that can only come from having no power, I get that.

I on the other hand like people I think can be effective. Even more, I've been following this for a long time, and probably in a detail that you haven't bothered to.

She's fine, she's good even. This is like Americans waxing poetic about Brexit.


Oh she'll get things done alright...for her goldmann sachs friends. She has no interest in anything below CEO level. Trumps a c**t but at least he isn't taking funding from people she will have to give concessions to.

I believe Trump is actually better. He will just tie the Senate up for 4 years while hillary might actually get some evil done.

P.s. the 'I know more than you' attitude is cute but pointless online.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If she gets too chummy with the banks she will loose big time in 2020 possibly be primaried. Once SCOTUS is shored up she's irrelevant to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chapel
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Don't be humble... you're not that great."
Avatar
mbmbmb
scott3387 wrote:


I believe Trump is actually better. He will just tie the Senate up for 4 years while hillary might actually get some evil done.


Funny how these "Two Ways to Die" folks always tend to point their favor at Trump, even while calling him one of the wrong choices.

We get it, you're not for Trump, but *wink, wink*...totally for Trump. WE GET IT!

But for real the only thing I worry about Clinton, is I agreed with TARP, but I also agreed with Glass-Steagall. The latter I don't think she would embrace, even though I wish she would.(And something even more comprehensive)
7 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
People who still pay for a queen and an entire royal family really shouldn't say much about other countries' governing systems. Over here we said "God Fuck the King" 241 years ago. Best damn thing we ever did.
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
People who still pay for a queen and an entire royal family really shouldn't say much about other countries' governing systems. Over here we said "God Fuck the King" 241 years ago. Best damn thing we ever did.


Pay? The income from increased tourism (You yanks seem to love the Queen) more than pays for them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump gave you a 3rd choice that great america patriot friend of his - Putin.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
scott3387 wrote:
1. Liar
Certainly true, but no worse than usual for politics.

She has one of the worst records of any politician


This seems inaccurate to me. Can you explain why you believe it?

scott3387 wrote:
2. Fickle
Really? I have the impression that she changes with the times to some extent, but that doesn't make her any more fickle than America. And there are some very consistent trends in her policy preferences which resist even that.

If you chart her views she pretty much aligns with general voter sentiment.


So you agree that she's no more fickle than America?

scott3387 wrote:
3. Bought off by corporations
Again, yeah, but our political funding apparatus requires that, too. It sucks. I keep hoping Lessig will get back into the mix and primary her next time, not because I expect him to win, but because I think he'll bring important issues to the forefront of peoples' minds.

No other politican takes vast sums from middle eastern governments and non-US HQ multinationals through a proxy fund to get around not being able to accept donations from other countries.


I assume we can agree that middle eastern governments aren't corporations, so that's irrelevant to the question of whether she's bought off by corporations. Do you actually believe that no other politician takes lots of money from multinationals not headquartered in the US via their PAC? I'm pretty sure that's false; if you'd like, I'd be happy to look into it more and give you data.

scott3387 wrote:
4. Voted for the Iraq war
Meh. There was near-unanimity on that at the time among our politicians. I didn't like it, but if they believed Bush, I can't really blame them for it if they own it as an error.

She had more information than "99%" of the people involved in that decision and she was still for the war. I argue it's because it was the fashion at the time.


Why do you believe she had more information than the other senators? I've not heard that claim before.

scott3387 wrote:
5. Happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides' favor
This seems like a different description for the same behavior you described as "fickle". I also don't know that it's true--when has she ever campaigned against equal rights for women? As for gay rights, my impression is that she's always been at least as progressive as the average American. Heck, I'm not sure I would have supported gay marriage in 1995. She is on record in 2004 as saying marriage is a sacred bond between man and woman


Yup. Kind of sucks, but I think that was the median view at the time.

Maybe this was unclear--I'm not that bothered by someone whose views are never worse than average, and sometimes better. It's okay with me for someone's views to change with the times. I think Clinton's been ahead of the curve on health care, which was a pretty foresightful and important thing to have as your principal concern in 1995. Looking back, rising health care costs have put massive stress on our safety net, been a tragic contributor to downward mobility, and seriously exacerbated the problem of wage stagnation. Even if that were the only thing she got more right than the average American, I think her policy views would be pretty decent.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
Avatar
mbmb
scott3387 wrote:
rinelk wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
If you accept either as anything than bottom tier you are suffering from an ideology infection.


Can you name some top-tier living options? I understand that asking that might be challenging in the US context, as you're across the pond, so feel free to choose from among your own politicians.

You're obviously right that it's possible everyone who sees Clinton as pretty good is ideologically blinded, but presumably you're also aware of the possibility that you're setting the bar so high no one can clear it in order to be able to make the equally ideological point that both candidates are awful.


As I already hinted, Sanders. I don't even like his positions but he is very respectable, honest and consistent. What more do you need in a good option?


Effectiveness. Sanders seemed unwilling to compromise on some issues on which he was never going to get anything like complete agreement from Congress. But you seem to believe that the only effectiveness she will have is for the benefit of Goldman Sachs. I admit, Goldman has far too much power over our government and will likely continue to do well during the Clinton administration. But the idea that this is the only issue about which she'll be effective, or that any government which hurts Goldman is better than any government which doesn't--that just makes you look like an idiot. If that's as deep as you're willing to get into the issues of governance, go back to celebrating the Leave vote like a spiteful child and stop trying to talk politics.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scott3387 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
scott3387 wrote:
We Brits at least had a choice on Brexit. You could see two options, if you didn't like one the other one was clearly better suited to your world views.

But in the next election you have someone who is a liar, fickle and bought off by corporations, someone who voted for the Iraq war and was happy to campaign against gay rights/equality for women when the polls were in that sides favour. On the other hand, you have a big business buffoon who's idea of politics is trolling as many people as possible. Has no morals when it comes to non-white people and is quite happy to throw as many people under the bus as possible.

Poor Bernie...Anyway how are you coping with the fact that you cannot win in this election?


Yes, before you grow up, you see the world as a choice between all good and everything else. Then once you mature, you realize there are never ideal choices when it comes to complex decisions.

It really is just about minimizing the bad and accentuating the good.

When President Clinton takes the oath in January 2017, the best politician and choice will have been made.



No one is perfect but at least Sanders had integrity and that to me made him as close to ideal as you were going to get. I don't even agree with many of his policies but at least he had a history of consistency of views. Shame the DNC was...persuaded to select someone of the same tier as Trump in quality.


This is like debating what would have happened if Hitler was killed by Stauffenberg's plot.

Just armchair masturbation.



Well you had your 'choice' (haha like the plebs ever mattered) and now it options are terrible and very bad. Saying one is better than the other and therefore I'm voting because it's the 'least bad' doesn't make the options any sweeter.


You are classifying it as a dichotomy of bad... I don't think so. Hillary is great and she is going to make a wonderful President. Side bonus is that the virulent strain that has engulfed respectable Republicans will be excised off and let to die in a cold place.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.