Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

as a Cyclades completionist I preordered this with Inis and Captain Sonar. When I arrived at the booth in Essen today the told me that they already gave all copies away, also the preorders. So don't expect that they have this at the booth, even if you preordered and prepaid. They also did not know if there will be more in the future.

Not cool, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Brown
England
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
No, I'M Spartacus
badge
\m/
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that seriously sucks. They shouldn't take pre-orders if they can't manage them properly.

I had a similar but less bad issue last year with Matagot. I pre-ordered Kemet Ta Ceti partially on the promise of promo tuck boxes, but the boxes were all long gone by the time I picked up my order Thursday lunchtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel West
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That does sound like a bad policy for the company to run. I assume there wasn't some sort of clarification about having to pick it up within the first day or two?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That definitely sucks. I have not picked mine up yet, since it said Sunday 1 PM at the latest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Villars
Switzerland
Eschlikon
flag msg tools
mb
Same happend to me. I wanted to pick up my preordered copy on Thursday (first day of the fair) at around 6 p.m. ... already sold out! Well, they just gave me the refund (15 Euros).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I was told that only half of the copies got shipped to Essen. They didn't specify exactly what the problem was but offered to give me a refund. However, they didn't mention anything about there not being any more copies in the future. So if that is the case, that's pretty weak.

Had it been me facing such a problem I would have reserved copies to those who preordered and only sold the remainder to those who didn't. It seems, at least fom the comments, that they just gave them away to whomever visited the booth, pre-ordered or not. I might be wrong though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal P
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same happend to me. Unfortunatelly I was not personally there (at Essen) but I asked my friend to pick it up for me. To be honest I dont care much about Monuments, because they will be probably available in local store, but i wanted the promo. Second thing is that I ordered 2 copies of it and at the booth they gave to my friend only refund 25 eur instead of 30 eur. Have no idea why, but my friend did not know that the cost was 30 so he took 25 and went away, so they od not even checked the preorder in their sytem. From my point of view really great deal .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, when I dropped by the booth this morning (Saturday) they informed me that they had not received enough copies. It is possible that they did fulfill preorders on day 1 (Thursday). Also, they offered me the choice of a refund (the 15 euros I had paid them via Paypal) or 25 euros discount on another game. Not a bad deal if you are interested in one of their other games. But I was not, so I took the refund and spent it on another publisher's game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal P
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm that is maybe it why ge has got only 25 euro. Must ask him when he will arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Brinkmann
Germany
Wedemark
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worst prepaid preorder experience ever for me:
Cyclades monuments was not available for pickup. Sending it after Essen not possible and I had the choice to get 15 Euro refund or choose 25 Euros of items available (which were not of interest because I preordered all interesting items for me). In any case no promo cards for me.
For Barony :Sorcery I had the choice between two damaged boxes for a 5 Euro discount or a refund.

In general I had the impression that Matagot decided to serve the preorders at a lower priority than direct sales at the fair.
:-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.