5 Posts

Dungeon Roll» Forums » General

Subject: Scroll Dice Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
victor trujillo
Mexico
flag msg tools
1. If a got 4 Scrolls in my Party formation before enter the Dungeon Can I re-roll any die(s)??

If so, in the new die(s) result another Scrolls shows can I re-roll again and again?

2. Can do this performed into the Dungeon? Eg. Im on level 3 and decide to use a scroll and re-roll two of my party die if results are scrolls can I use one or two of them for a new re-roll.

Hope this is clear

Thank for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to use a scroll, you place the die with the scroll in the graveyard. Then you can re-roll any of your other hero dice or monster dice except for the ones showing dragon faces.

If you roll more scrolls, than you can choose to use another one in the same way, by placing one of them in the graveyard, and re-rolling the other dice.

So you can choose to keep re-rolling, but everytime you do, a scroll die must be placed in the graveyard, and eventually, you'll run out of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
In order to use a scroll, you place the die with the scroll in the graveyard. Then you can re-roll any of your other hero dice or monster dice except for the ones showing dragon faces.

All these years I've been doing it wrong!!! shakeshake No wonder I do so well each time I play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:

If you roll more scrolls, than you can choose to use another one in the same way, by placing one of them in the graveyard, and re-rolling the other dice.

So you can choose to keep re-rolling, but everytime you do, a scroll die must be placed in the graveyard, and eventually, you'll run out of dice.

This is all exactly correct.

I will add that I recommend NOT doing that right away... instead wai until you're in a dungeon with some monsters, and then you can also re-roll the monsters along with the companions, and maybe they'll become chests or potions (or dragons) instead and you won't have to fight them anymore!

The more monsters there are, the more powerful scrolls are (because the more likely some monsters will turn into scrolls potions or chests).

For the record, this is why you don't just re-roll the scroll rather than discard it... because that would actually be very powerful... but for players who do not like the scrolls as written, re-rolling the scroll instead of discarding could be a fine variant (note that you could get better scores if you play this way).

Another variant that won't change the game as much is to say that if you choose to only re-roll party dice, then. You re-roll the scroll instead of discarding it, but if you re-roll any dungeon dice then you still discard the scroll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of rerolling the scroll ONLY with party dice - that's a nice happy medium on variants suggested. Will do this for a few games from here on in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.