Hide
10 Posts

The Banner Saga: Warbands» Forums » General

Subject: Until they fix myth no reason to buy............ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daman whodaman
msg tools
I vested over 1K in Myth and they still babbling and dabbling with it and havent been able to recover from it other than coming out with unpolished new games + excuses... Seriously focus on one and do it right before running around...

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
What more do you want them to do with Myth?
They hired out an effort to completely re-write the rulebook, and have 2.0 versions of the Core Set cards as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Westchester
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:
I vested over 1K in Myth and they still babbling and dabbling with it and havent been able to recover from it other than coming out with unpolished new games + excuses... Seriously focus on one and do it right before running around...

Cheers!

I could see the argument that Myth 1.0 was broken, but there's nothing wrong with 2.0. Stop complaining for the sake of complaining. No one cares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drakkonblade wrote:

Cheers!

So with the current state of Myth...I guess you're buying Banner Saga this weekend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Jorune wrote:
drakkonblade wrote:

Cheers!

So with the current state of Myth...I guess you're buying Banner Saga this weekend?

LOL ........People are even complaining about this one... Will wait i guess to see how they do with Myth.. i am done with Megacon for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Have you played any Myth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
Darby_ wrote:
Have you played any Myth?

Yes 2.0 though its good i am still waiting for them to fix the many other issues the game has.. also the expansions to come etc..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
What issues are you specifically talking about?

2.0 really was "the fix."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daman whodaman
msg tools
js379 wrote:
I'm more or less with the OP about the current status of Myth, at least as far as adventure mode is concerned. The switch to modules definitely seems to have fixed story mode, but freeform/adventure mode doesn't really work. The interrogate system for fighting a boss to actually be able to progress your characters,though a great concept, was executed in a manner that is clumsy and awkward, and it isn't even available as an option until you've already to Journeyman rank. As far as the other options for fighting a boss, I dislike the idea of choosing to do the same single quest over and over again to be able to fight one, and I really hate the idea of "just like, you know, fight one whenever you feel like it, man." Far too arbitrary. The game needs an actual system for it, and it needs to be more elegant the Journeyman only system that is currently in place.

Can add but will just say... It was a rushed product and the fact they jumped onto another product before finishing their first tells me much... I await the journeyman as maybe it will fix some/most of the issues but till then no $$$ going their way...

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.