Paul Humphreys
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I was teaching this game to a new player last night and this situation arose:

1. 3 Austrian pieces block an approach - 1 French piece blocks the opposite approach.
2. An Austrian assault is declared using only 1 of the 3 available pieces. The other 2 remain behind.
3. The assault is resolved - both the single attacking Austrian piece and the defending French piece are wiped out.

What now happens to the 2 remaining Austrian pieces that block the approach? Am I correct in believing that they now have move back into reserve in their current locale and that is their only option?

I just want confirmation that this is indeed the case and that i was teaching the rules correctly.

Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Peters
Germany
Boeblingen
Baden-Wuerttemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only those pieces that take part in the assault have to go back to reserve. So by holding back pieces you still block the approach after an unsuccessful assault.

Only if after the assault there is no opposing piece in the other locale, those pieces must fall back to reserve (for free), as they can't cross the approach anymore because of the assault attempt. But this has nothing to do with the assault as such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiziano Contorno
Italy
Rome
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You must move them to reserve at no CP cost if the opposite locale is now empty.
If the opposing locale still has units in reserve or in other approaches, a) the 2 units may stay where they are at no CP cost or b) move in reserve at 1 CP cost.

Regards,
Tiziano.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Humphreys
United Kingdom
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right ok thanks, i hoped that would be the case - cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Simmons
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vickers wrote:
What now happens to the 2 remaining Austrian pieces that block the approach? Am I correct in believing that they now have move back into reserve in their current locale and that is their only option?

To confirm what previous posters have said, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.