Subject: CoC - Championship with prize (USD 500.00) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,
i like this game very very much, and i am willing to start a championship played online through vassal.

I am gathering interested ppl to see if they would play, rules are simple:

- Free entry, thats right, there is still free lunch laugh
- I am willingly to offer a cash prize in the amount of USD$ 500.00 we can define the split between first to fourth or something like that...
- games will be played online
- expansion is included
- after gather enough ppl (which i dont have a magic number for that) we can make a pool to see which variants will be included
- it requires spoken English language for the best of the game play (or may be just written, we can figure this out)

============================================================

as we have some interested people, i put together a form to sort this out, i think that 10 ppl is good for the first edition.
please fill the form below:

https://goo.gl/forms/XNlN2OJQpC7ZgF5a2

some rules:
- there will be no trade during the games, mostly because most of the trades get too long to happen and mostly will fail, so to make the game shorter, no trade.
- after some time, if all other players agree, you can call a 1 minute time to the active player end his turn will end immediately (only if necessary, i think we are all adults here)
- No ctrl + Z (rollback your actions) will be allowed when you finish your turn, spend resources and/or revealed any card (action or event), if you forget to move a group, or want to advance in other category when you finish your action, sorry for that, planning is part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoC - Championship with prize (USD 500,00)
Prize or no prize I would be interested in playing. However, would this be "live" online or pbem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
for the championship sake, it will be scheduled and online games.

if you are interested pls PM me and we can play anytime (including now)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Prize or no prize I would be interested in playing. However, would this be "live" online or pbem?

Likewise - I'm in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
USD 500,00

Did anyone else see that and read it as five-hundred-thousand dollars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Zorzo
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
sorry for that, its 5 hundreds american dollars
i wish i could give 50 thousands

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emran_Omar wrote:
sorry for that, its 5 hundreds american dollars

No worries. Nothing wrong with writing it the way it's done in much of the world. My own fault for not paying closer attention the first time around.

For a minute there I was thinking, "Looks like I'm going to be doing nothing but studying CoC strategy for the next few days."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
In the words of Eddie Izzard, "I'll do it."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Mowery
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
i put a form up to get some info and start the organization.
please fill it and spread the new to other people that you might think they are interested.

i have to be oversea for some time (work issues) and i think that we can work a deadline to start in November 19th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested but would want to try this on Vassal first to make sure I know the interface before I play, so I'll probably miss out. Either way, I'd be interested in following.

I'd like to see how you're going to organize and run the tournament.

How will you handle scheduling of games (since it sounds like these will be live games)?
Player count in each game?
How will you structure the tournament? Single elimination? Double elimination? Point structure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
i am thinking in point structure, first we have to know how many players will play, then we can sort this out, i have run several chess tournaments and was swiss, round robin and other formats.

i prefer games of 3, so first we have to know how many players will play and we can come with a schedule for this and number of rounds, and point structure like 4pts for 1st 2pts for 2nd 0 or 1 for 3rd.

we can sort the games prior to the start of it and then make it free to players schedule it, and if any inconvenience come up we can have a master rule for day and time to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So play-by-email, saving and sending vlogs after each play is out of the question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
it would be very hard for you to came up with 4h once a week or every 15 days ?

i have some bad experience with off-line gaming, i prefer to play it online, but we can put this to discussion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emran_Omar wrote:
it would be very hard for you to came up with 4h once a week or every 15 days ?

Yes, that's why I play a lot of games solo. Work and family life are not kind to gamers.

(And if I do have 4h free time, I prefer to gather my game group together)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted my response to the doc.

I assumed that the Yes/No questions about the variants were to express my preferences and not to qualify to play. i.e. There are no wrong answers. Is that correct?

Also, I think prohibiting trade is a mistake. Even if trade attempts take a couple extra minutes per game, the possibility of trade between your enemies is a great enabler of diplomacy.

Two examples:

If an aggressive player tramples an opponent, that opponents only recourse is often to cooperate with a 3rd party.

Extortion of resources from weaker/unprepared opponents allows a strong player to get a return on military investment without devolving into full-out war-- especially important in 3-player games where two players fighting could easily hand the game to the 3rd player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
yes, the yes/no part is to express your preferences and will allow it or not by the results.

regarding trade we can discuss it latter, i particularly dont like it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get access to teh document - and have requested it?

I prefer offline games to online (time differences will be a problem for online!).

I think trades should be allowed too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
i dont know why you cant access the document, it would open a form to fill it....
time zone can be worked on, like Saturday 6pm for you would be like 12pm for others...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emran_Omar wrote:

i dont know why you cant access the document, it would open a form to fill it....

I was going to screenshot it, but it now works - filled in.

Emran_Omar wrote:

time zone can be worked on, like Saturday 6pm for you would be like 12pm for others...

I don't get home from work until 8pm+ (and I'm up early next morning) so that will likely be late nights for some. Weekends I could do whenever though.

Weekday or weekend makes a big difference for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Wilson
United States
Montgomery
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Emran_Omar wrote:
yes, the yes/no part is to express your preferences and will allow it or not by the results.

regarding trade we can discuss it latter, i particularly dont like it

Hey, it's your money, you can do what you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
emran Omar
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
i just get 3 answers in the form, anyone else ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Ramus
msg tools
Deus Vult
badge
Gloria in excelsis Deo
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm in, BUT I haven't played CoC by Vassal, so if that's a prerequisite, I guess I'm out (you can take my name out of the tournament if you want, no hard feelings). That being said, it would be nice for me to:
1 - Watch a game being played there before playing it myself;
2 - Play some game there before the tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.