Subject: Under the Mask plays better with less time loss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremiah Wood
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found just ignoring the rule about crossing the river taking an additional TU makes the scenario less fiddly.

I'm not sure why they put it in there in the first place.
The Medjay has the potential to cause TU loss on challenge rolls without needing a forced TU loss.

The only thing it does effectively is ensure you can't win the scenario in a single run, but that seems a bit disingenuous when they score your play through based on number of runs performed and the TU remaining.

(Winning in a single run as written is possible, but statistically improbable.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toleezu wrote:
We found just ignoring the rule about crossing the river taking an additional TU makes the scenario less fiddly.

I'm not sure why they put it in there in the first place.
The Medjay has the potential to cause TU loss on challenge rolls without needing a forced TU loss.

The only thing it does effectively is ensure you can't win the scenario in a single run, but that seems a bit disingenuous when they score your play through based on number of runs performed and the TU remaining.

(Winning in a single run as written is possible, but statistically improbable.)

The same could be said for any scenario. Asylum can be beaten in 1 run if you know exactly what to do. Marcy Case again for the same reason. They might have put the 1st run points for those who want to see if they can do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.