4 Posts

Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drawing player cards (no spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cru Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a weird question about the player cards.

In our most recent game (February), there was only 1 player card at the end of my turn. Thus I drew it and ended the game.

Is this correct, that there is an odd number of cards in the deck? 48 city cards, +5 epidemic cards, +2 event cards?

We did find a city card on the floor during clean up, but don't know if that was on the floor the whole time. It would have allowed us to win the game, since the next player was going to do what was needed to win.

I just want to be sure that we are playing with an odd number of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on whether you're playing with 3 characters (no), or 2 or 4 (yes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Depending on circumstances, it can indeed be correct to have an odd number of cards in the player deck for a game of Pandemic Legacy.

Note that if the time comes to draw two cards from the player deck and there is only one card left, you lose at once; you do not draw that one card. This can matter if drawing that card would have a lasting effect, and might save you from an epidemic that would otherwise cause panic or scarring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cru Jones
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It was 4 players.

So close, yet so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.