Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

BSG 564: Anders' Nobel Prize
6-Player Daybreak Game to Kobol
Includes a Cylon Leader

Welcome to BSG 564: Anders' Nobel Prize!

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of the base game and the Daybreak expansion,

per FFG request. If you need card text at some point, just GeekMail me.

d10-2 You are expected to subscribe to this thread and to check in at least once every 24 hours, preferably more.

Discussion between players is highly encouraged. However, if there's no active discussion, I'll bump the thread at 24 hours, and make your move for you at 36. I will also send you a reminder by GM before this happens (typically at 12 hours). If this happens too much, I'll replace you. If you warn me or the thread about slow play, we'll be patient. =)

d10-3 All communication between players must occur in this thread ONLY. Follow typical play-by-forum conventions when posting.

This includes always making it clear what character you are speaking as by including an appropriate banner at the top of each post. Banners created by DukeOfEarl et al. are available here. If you are mobile, please type your character name in caps at the top of your post. Other pictures for adding flavor can be found in this compilation.

Courtesy of Mike Bonn, here's an amazing script that makes it super-easy to add those banners to your posts:
Mike_Bonn wrote:

1) Click on "Edit" on the top right of your screen to Edit your quick bar.

2) Chose an empty spot and fill label with "My Banner" and add the following text to the URL :

Quote:
javascript: (function() {var b = '[ImageID=xxxxxx medium]'; var t = document.getElementsByTagName('textarea')[0]; t.value = b+'\r\n'+t.value;})();

3) Replace "xxxxxx" with the ImageId you want to use as your banner. I used 565008 to generate the one in this post.

4) When you post, click on Reply/Quick Reply and then click on your Quick Bar Link. Presto!

It even works on mobiles, so no excuses not to use a banner!

Also, be sure to leave regular discussion in a plain font, in-character flavor text in italics, and actions you wish to take in bold. Be especially conscious of the bolding of your actions; I will not execute an action if it isn't bolded. If you're on mobile, saying "bold" (or close equivalents) before an action is sufficient.

d10-4 When sending me a GeekMail, please include the game number, your character name, and a description in the subject line.

Example: "BSG 564 (Starbuck): Admiral's Quarters Skill Check"

I am moderating several games; this will help me make fewer mistakes!

d10-5 Do not edit your posts.

Please do not go back and edit posts unless you are quickly fixing a typo immediately after posting. Instead, simply make a new post stating what you would have changed. This is to prevent confusion (both for me and your fellow players). Similarly, do not delete posts.

d10-6 Do not quote posts from more than one page back.

Just because you can go back and look doesn't mean it's cool to do so. In real life, you probably aren't keeping track *that* closely.

d10-7 Respect the secrecy rules.

I suggest everyone take a look at the official "Secrecy Clarifications" document, the last page of the Official FAQ.
In particular, please make sure you don't:
* Say "medium" if you only played one card.
* Talk about scouted cards beyond good or bad.
* Identify what cards (or even what colors, or the exact strength) you played into a skill check, even implicitly.
* Volunteer what cards are in your hand (or ask about cards are in someone else's hand) unless it is relevant to the situation.
* Reveal exactly which Quorum cards you have.

Conditional Orders (COs)

1 Put in COs for pretty much anything. All COs should be sent to me via GeekMail, and be clearly labeled by having "CO" (and a description of what the CO is for) in the subject line.

2 Do not post public COs under any circumstances; this includes posting bold text when it is not your turn to act.

3 Under many circumstances, I will not wait for interrupts before executing actions. A full list of these circumstances will be provided in the next post after character selection.

4 TANKING: I will allow the use of "Tank" during the interrupt phase. This means "Pass on interrupts AND the check if everyone else passes." As soon as someone plays cards into the check, "Tank" is nullified; if a revealed Cylon play wouldn't change your plans, for example, you may want to also CO me an intention to pass on the check, as well. You may also declare "Tank" in public but CO cards to play in private. Those playing after you are free to assume you have passed, however; this is rarely an issue in practice.

Have fun out there!

Special Thanks

This is a play-by-forum game in the style established by ColtsFan76. Thanks go to him for starting this. Thanks also to Orphius, JasperHawk, and Mawkee for their work on the mod tools that will be used.

This introductory text is copied mostly from ed_hennessy via zelarvi, who helped get me into moderating these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

House Rules

We will be using Pegasus' Investigative Committees, the ones that don't reveal Destiny.

In honor of his recent win of the Nobel Prize for Literature, Anders (normally from the Exodus expansion) is available for play.

Rules Refresher

For those who may be more familiar with an all-expansions game (if not, you can ignore this section), here's what's different:

* No Executions, Consequences, Battlestar Pegasus, or anything to do with the Cylon Fleet Board or Conflicted Loyalties.

* All Movement, Reckless, 6-Strength and 1-2 Strength non-base-game cards are gone, along with half of the 0-strength non-Treacheries (Red Tape, Iron Will, Trust Instincts, Protect the Fleet and Establish Network), as well as Run Interference and Calculations.

* Only the base game Quorum, Destination, Loyalty, and Super Crisis cards are included.

* All the Exodus and Pegasus crises and characters (Anders excepting) are included excluded; I'll list the available characters at character selection.

Default COs

Any or all of these may be changed by explicit COs at any time; just let me know!

Lee's Forward Thinker: I will pause for you when appropriate; you should still probably send me a CO ahead of time. I will accept public COs for this only when you're standing on "obvious" locations (i.e. Quorum Chamber & President's Office).

Lee's Choose A Different Path: Since you're making the choice anyway, I'll always pause when appropriate. This includes the few choices that would otherwise be made by default (e.g. Build Cylon Detector).

Tigh's Cylon Hatred: Handled as part of the interrupts phase; I will pause for this unless you are the target of the check.

Anders' Longshot: I will generally pause when appropriate, handling this at the same time and with the same default COs as Strategic Planning (see below). If someone has already played a Strategic Planning, it will be returned to hand.

Boomer's Recon: I will assume you are always doing this.

Boomer's Mysterious Intuition: Handled as part of the regular interrupts phase. If you use this after anyone plays an interrupt, those interrupts will be returned to hand. If I would automatically pass you on all other interrupts, I will pass you on this as well unless you CO me otherwise, or its use is discussed in thread.

I will tend to pass you on any interrupts you don't have. However, I may at times not do so in order to preserve secrecy; generally, I will not skip entirely any interrupts phase.

Skill check interrupts (Scientific Research, Investigative Committee, Restore Order, A Second Chance, Tigh's Cylon Hatred, Assign Arbitrator):
* If Engineering is already positive, I will pass automatically on Scientific Research.
* If someone plays a equal or lower-valued copy of an interrupt you have, I will automatically pass you, unless you are in the Brig or over your hand limit.
* If the current player cannot become eligible to gain a Miracle Token by the end of the check, I will pass automatically on A Second Chance.
* I will pass automatically on Restore Order for the first few turns of the game; I'll let you know when I stop doing so (generally when the Treachery or Mutiny starts flowing).

Strategic Planning, Anders' Longshot:
I will assume you will pass on:
* Launch Scout as long as 2 or more Raptors are intact; note that in this case, a public CO as to whether you're scouting the Crisis or Destination is fine.
* Any rolls that would help the Cylons.
* Any attacks made by Vipers.
* Any roll where someone has already played a Strategic Planning (even if it is higher strength than yours), unless you can use Longshot.

Evasive Maneuvers: Will be passed automatically on misses, and on hits as well unless
* the viper is destroyed,
* the viper is manned,
* the viper is the last ship protecting a civilian, or
* there are 2 or fewer undamaged vipers left.
Pilots may want to leave me a more detailed CO for when they would and would not use their Evasives.

If the order of Raider Activation doesn't matter for the Raider AI, I'll start with Sector 1 and proceed clockwise.

If the identities of the Cylons are known, I will automatically not pick choices that would lose the Humans the game (when made by Humans), unless this would somehow interfere with Secrecy.

I reserve the right to pause more often than these default COs when the situation warrants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Playing:
Vorpalgens
Circadian
Xodan
zelarvi
TerminusEst
Mike_Bonn

Waitlist:
bender418
coppro

Declined:
Kiwi13cubed
brunoreturns
lolcese
boltana (auto-declined)
Gueuze (auto-declined)
ChannelDelibird (auto-declined)

The game should start no later than 1900 UTC on Sunday, October 16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alternate reporting in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in and will take Anders if he is not taken when my turn order is up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily R
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Sure, I'll play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay, looks like we've got our players, so let's start with character selection (highest goes first):

Vorpalgens 1d100 = (51) = 51
Circadian 1d100 = (50) = 50
Xodan 1d100 = (93) = 93
zelarvi 1d100 = (2) = 2
TerminusEst 1d100 = (57) = 57
Mike_Bonn 1d100 = (87) = 87

Xodan, you're up first! You can pick any character from the base game or Daybreak, or Anders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 966038. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (51) =
  • Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:55 pm
  • [+]
  • 966039. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (50) =
  • [+]
  • 966040. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (93) =
  • [+]
  • 966041. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (2) =
  • [+]
  • 966042. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (57) =
  • [+]
  • 966043. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (87) =
  • Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:56 pm
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Xodan picks D'Anna Biers.

Next up is Mike_Bonn; you can pick any available character except a Cylon Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
Itajai
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody!!

Thanks Zach for the invite and for moderating.

Soooo good to see such an amazing line up of players and friends. I feel honored!

Carlo, we meet again, old friend! Noel, you probably dont remember but you moderated my first PBF... Exactly 5 years ago! Emily, a tremendous player... Owned myself several times. Razel has moderated my most recent games and I'm looking forward playing with her. And a new friend to meet by forum.

So, lets enjoy this! Wishing everyone a great match!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
Itajai
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be Lee Adama.

2 greens, 1 purple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mike_Bonn wrote:
I will be Lee Adama.

2 greens, 1 purple.

Sorry, is that Pilot Lee or Political Lee?

TerminusEst will be up next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
Itajai
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingerc wrote:

Mike_Bonn wrote:
I will be Lee Adama.

2 greens, 1 purple.

Sorry, is that Pilot Lee or Political Lee?

TerminusEst will be up next.

Political. I always think the other as Apollo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I don't think I've ever played a Daybreak game without the other two expansions. This should be different.

I choose Saul Tigh.

Listen up, you frakkers! I intend to run a tight ship. There'll be no lollygagging in the corridors, you hear me? No lollygagging whatsoever.

ETA: Cesar, I do remember you! Has it already been five years? Time does fly. (I should take up moderating PBF again.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Vorpalgens picks Anders by CO.

Next up is Circadian.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Gozzi
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
The truth is still out there...
badge
Ïa! Ïa! Cthulhu fthagn! Ph'nglui mglw'nfah Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fthagn!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobel prize winner

1 of each...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily R
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools

I'll take Boomer. Starting draw 2xTactics, 1xEngineering

Definitely not lollygagging, sir! I was in the small arms locker for very valid pilot reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And last up is zelarvi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll just be here trying to keep you all alive...

The Doc is not so useful with the Demetrius, but since we're off to Kobol, maybe I'll actually get to use his abilities for the good of humanity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Lee is the President.
Tigh is the Admiral.

Loyalties, Motives, Quorums, and Starting Draws dispatched by GM; if anything is terribly wrong let me know.

Still waiting on starting draws from Tigh and Doc Cottle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razel M
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry, completely glossed over that! I'll take one of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
Itajai
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still bannerless Lee

We are off to Kobol? Oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville Halonen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Saul. May I call you Saul? Let´s make a deal. I will lead you to your salvation, but along the way you must make certain secrifices... Don´t worry, we will get there. To Kobol, to Kobol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I'll take 2 Leadership and 1 Tactics.

Sacrifice? Sacrifice?! I'd give up my right eye if it meant getting this fleet to safety. You better be prepared to deliver D'Anna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Turn 1.1: D'Anna is the Current Player.

D'Anna draws 1 Politics / 1 Engineering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

D'Anna activates the Human Fleet to look at the top Crisis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [46] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.