Subject: Parking at P9 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how it will be tomorrow, but this morning they closed the entrance to P9 if you're coming from the highway (52). We were there around 9.30 and we barely made it in. It wasn't full, but I guess the day before traffic was a real mess. I'm not sure if they opened it up later. The reason is the new barrier/ticket dispenser thing. It takes forever for cars to go in. I have no idea what it will be like tomorrow, but I just want to warn people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Buettemeier
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Esst mehr Käsetoast!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We made it today but yesterday was the worst arrival I had in the last ten years. One of the reasons why we'll pass the day tomorrow, as I would expect it to be even worse than yesterday and today.

One more point for the "Most stressful Essen I have ever had"-badge fot this years' orga.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.J.E. Hendriks
Netherlands
Arnhem
Gelderland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely terrible, indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap K
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to park all the way down at P10.
First time in four years. Parking wasn't the best this year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokke
Belgium
Werchter
optional
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep. Terrible!

Order your tickets online. And if you take the 52, set your GPS to Zeppelinstrasse (at the start of which is P10) as you will be "herded" that way, anyway.

I guess/hope that might save you a lot of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we were in line for P9 coming down the Norbertstraße (I think? The street alongside the Messe coming from P2) and they closed off P9 completely at about 9:25 or so, although it wasn't even have full. Maybe the ticket dispenser thingy broke, or something alike?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Hihn
Germany
Walddorfhäslach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not there this year but you have to pull a ticket now when you enter the parking area? I always thought that the way they handle parking in Essen was really neat with the guys waiting for your money when you leave. This way it was really smooth in the morning when everyone arrived.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Fältman
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
Red Sonic Underwear
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they changed it for this year... definitely not as smooth as previous years!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony King
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
First time at Essen and parking has been miserable. I just went to P10 all three days so far after two hours stuck in traffic on the first day for all the other lots. The line is half way across the back of this lot today for the shuttles. At least they aren't charging for parking at P10 today to make up for the mess and to get everyone in quickly in the rain.

Edit - I take that back. Instead of selling parking at the entrance, we had to wait 40 minutes in line in the rain to pay at one cashier window by the bus. This is really poorly run. There were 8 buses waiting here because payment was the choke point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Parking was horrible.
Worst ever and I'm a visitor for over ten years.

First time we had to park at P10 in middle of nowhere, despite arriving at the fair at 9;30

Wasn't until 10:45 before we actually made it in and we already had online tickets.

Worst Essen experience ever.
On top 3 games on my wish list had sold out on Friday at around noon.

Really hope the organisers will change the parking issue for next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes B.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Honey?
mbmbmbmbmb
The new parking system with tickets is shit. Period. Today (Saturday) was a concert in the Grugahalle after the fair. We bought our ticket for P2 in the morning upon arrival. The barriers were open in the morning and the staff recommended to buy a ticket at the machine to skip the line in the evening. Before the concert the barriers were closed again and you had to get a ticket to enter.
After the concert at least half of the tickets of the cars in front of us and our ticket were not recognized as paid and only after you've hit the call-button several times and an employee seemingly opened the barrier on touch of a button you could finally exit. The pure chaos...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hgzwopjp hgzwopjp
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at P5 it was at 9am as full as it was at 9:20 yesterday, and they changed it to drive in now, get a ticket from the machine anytime during the day, and use that to get out again. Which works. Now only the people telling the drivers whewould have had to be more useful, just like the dude who should have alternatively stopped the cars and the people emerging from P5... So altogether better than yesterday, but still worse than last year. If I read the horror stories of the people coming later I'm glad for getting up early enough... and it seems a few minutes decide top or hop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
jhNz wrote:
I'm not there this year but you have to pull a ticket now when you enter the parking area? I always thought that the way they handle parking in Essen was really neat with the guys waiting for your money when you leave. This way it was really smooth in the morning when everyone arrived.

Yes. Of course you paid for it by waiting an hour to leave, especially if you were at the top of P9, or the bottom of P5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.