20 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Arkham Nights - Dreamlands rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Renato Folkl
msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone knows if they will show something about the new expansion Dreamlands during the Arkham Nights?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The have a rough beta there. No new characters in the set, they are still a surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaroslav Vrba
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Any particular info you can share with us? :-) Hungry for any bits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Si
United Kingdom
Norwich
flag msg tools
For the love of all that is holy, will someone just ask her about the book?
mbmbmbmbmb
But the photos in the entry for the Dreamlands show Amanda Sharpe and Luke Robinson. Not such a big secret!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Gates to the dreamlands move about the board. Zoogs can be friendly, and madness reigns
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Folkl
msg tools
mbmbmb
Any link with photos or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
[ImageID=https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3216683/jondigman]
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3216682/jondigman

All that I have. They were printed on heavy paper. The investigators could not be found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaroslav Vrba
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Thank you for the photos, fellow boardman!
We can extrapolate some nice info from the second one.
- there are only 3 clasical sideboar locations, in contrast to 6 we got in past, namely Celephaïs,Ulthar and Dylath-Leen (all city spaces)
- Ulthar: Gain Talent Conditions
- Celephaïs: Gain Task Unique Assets
- Dylath-Leen: Gain Assets
- there are four "special" locations akin to Expeditions from main board, as we suspected (aka complex encounters): Enchanted Forest, Unknown Kadath, The Moon and The Underworld (all wilderness spaces)
- there are Gates for the sideboard locations, or at least for some of them (in photo shown Dylath-Leen)
- locations in Dreamlands are connect either by Uncharted or by Ship paths (Ship path to the Moon, anyone? - Randolph Carter Unique Asset hype train on?), in one case (Enchanted Forest - Ulthar) they are connected by Local path
- Rest action is indeed one of ways to get to the Dreamlands (1 Clue or test Will-1 to get to Enchanted Forest)
- in addition, there is indeed speculated Dreamportal token (we can see "To The Underworld" token connected to Tokio!), that is (probably) moving on the main board, connecting by Local Path (aka no Movement action needed) main board location with particular location on the sideboard
- when Gate would to be spawned on the location with Dreamportal token, it is spawn on the connected sideboard location instead
- monsters connected to the Dreamlands board are: Ghoul, Moon-beast, Zoog, Nightgaunt (one of each is put aside when playing with this sideboard)
- Atlach-Nacha setup sets aside 1 Leng Spider monster and gives Lead Investigator Spell!
- A-N has standard 3 Mysteries requiered to win and "A-N awakens!" if Doom reaches 0
- reckoning of A-N gives you choice of either spawn 1 Gate or spend as a group total number of Clues and Spell equal to ... (something I cannot read)
- cultist of A-N has on spawn effect I cannot decipher from the blurred text; it is something ending with "a Gate or a Monster"?

Phew, that was fun! Any other info/tidbits you remember and are willing to share with us unfortunate ones?:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cultist details look like 'When this monster is spawned, move it to the nearest space that does not contain a gate or monster'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Roux Van Der Vyver
msg tools
mb
Thank you so much Jon!

If someone told me I would get this excited for a picture on the internet 3 months ago I would have laughed at them.
Bring on the Dreamlands!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Vanschooren
Belgium
Beringen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jondigman wrote:

All that I have. They were printed on heavy paper. The investigators could not be found.

Fixed the picture links for ya.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Spukky wrote:
jondigman wrote:

Fixed the picture links for ya.

Thanks. I was a tad tired

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaroslav Vrba
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Do you have any info about Hypnos AO, Jon? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
I read it. I do not remember it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Oggysu wrote:
Do you have any info about Hypnos AO, Jon? :-)

I remember his Cultists were interesting. They're innocents trapped within dreams; as such, they have a Sanity damage of zero. Passing the Will test (-1, I believe) defeats them instantly, as you awaken them; passing the Strength test forces you to draw a Madness (presumably because you were forced to kill an innocent hostage).

After Hypnos awakens, his Cultists are trapped forever, they gain Sanity damage as normal, and you automatically draw a Madness after resolving the Will test. I also recall that his post-Awakening Doom advancement involved pulling Dream-portals off the board (I believe the text said something like "Dream-portals on the Ancient One sheet cannot be spawned," which has interesting implications for how they usually work).

Oh yes, and his Reckoning effect was similar to Nephren-Ka's: Each investigator either moves one space to the nearest Dreamlands location or loses 1 Sanity.

As for Atlach-Nacha, I remember that her sheet said nothing about setting up the Dreamlands board (and the Dreamlands prelude had a special effect for Hypnos as the Ancient One), so it looks like they're sticking with the usual pattern of one AO per sideboard. After she awakens, each Doom spawns a new Gate, then you have to add an Eldritch token to a Gate. Gates with tokens can't be closed or discarded, and you lose at five tokens.

That gives you 14 Doom to solve four Mysteries (plus, the Doom starts accelerating after she wakes up). Oh, and that Reckoning effect?
Quote:
reckoning of A-N gives you choice of either spawn 1 Gate or spend as a group total number of Clues and Spell equal to ... (something I cannot read)

I'm pretty sure that was "Investigators / 2." Sounds pretty brutal, though I didn't see any of her Mysteries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaroslav Vrba
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Awesome info, thank you, Scott! Do you remember how are the Dream-portal token put on and moved around the board? Also, how many of these tokens is there? I saw Moon and Underworld one on the picture, are there more of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Folkl
msg tools
mbmbmb
There are some people saying they saw Kate in the rulebook, so we have Kate, luke and Amanda for now. NICE

Any news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Three paths to dreamland. Moved with gates spawning and reshuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jondigman wrote:
I read it. I do not remember it.

Must have been Hypnos, then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Folkl
msg tools
mbmbmb
I want news about dreamlands expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.