1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [40] | 

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Star Wars: Rebellion - PBF012: Let the Wookie win! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
Welcome to the 12th installment of the BGG-SWR-PBF series.

This time, four players will fight for the fate of the galaxy far, far away. So lets welcome the teams:

The Rebel Alliance is lead by:
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
and
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb

The Galactic Empire is run by:
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
and
The Algebraist
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools

I have already confirmation and google-accounts from three of the four players. I'll contact TheAlgebraist now and invite him by PM. If he isn't available, I'm sure that Darth Coupon will step in.

The setup will be done once we have the players locked in. The Alliance can already agree on who will be playing General and who will be the Admiral - maybe Menghini can already contact his partner with that questions as well.

Once the game starts, please do NOT use private communication about this game, but try to communicate in the open.

Further rules, blatantly copied from the GM of my last game ninjamatic3000:
- Please type your orders in bold. Anything in bold will be considered your official move, anything not in bold will not.
- Please subscribe to this thread and check in at least once a day. More than once a day is good, especially during battles. If you know you will not be able to check in for more than a day, please let us know ahead of time if possible.
- This one is important: We haven't really asked FFG's permission to do this, but for previous games they have been ok with people doing PBF as long as card titles only are used, not card text. This means you must own a copy of the game in order to play.
- We will be testing a new distribution method for tactic cards. When you engage in a battle, please go to the google sheed "SWR Card Console" and press the "Next Battle" button. The system will create a new entry for the battle. Enter the name of the battle on the top and then proceed to draw your cards using the appropriate buttons. Go slow, the script needs a few seconds to execute on each draw.
If you manage to find a loophole in the system, please exploit it and then tell me. I think I have the most exploits covered, but there hasn't been a good test so far.

Good luck and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb

Admiral Aron, I am code name V. I guess I am tasked to leading this small ground forces contingency as their general. While these rebel troopers don't look like much it is their spirit that counts, as for myself, I won't stop fighting till my corpse is cold on the ground. You see, there is an Imperial soldier back on Ord Mantell that I would see dead at any cost. This Imperial criminal, Menghini, led a small band of Stormtroopers that destroyed my family. Last I heard he got promoted to some general or admiralty position, but let the galaxy know that I am coming for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning General V. Good to have you here. As you read in you report it is my duty to keep our fleet intact and look for ways to gain the initiative. Will not be easy, the Empire has a vast amount of resources. And their tactics are as brutal as it is efficiënt. I know, because I was a regional Admiral. When you have seen the things I have seen... you do not want to wage war against the Empire. Safety is our primary concern. Hit hem where it hurts.

We will need each other in the time that comes General. Now, Lets see if we have any Intel of Imperial prescence in the sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
Arontje wrote:
I know, because I was a regional Admiral.

I thought I recognized you, but that's not possible... Just a feeling, but it seems like we've faced each other before yet that can't be. Nevermind Admiral, I'm only focused on the mission now, there is nothing else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb

Rebel Systems:
Kashyyyk
Bothawui
Ryloth

Imperial Systems:
Saleucami (subj.)
Mustafar (subj.)
Corellia
Sullust
Rodia
Coruscant

So far, Team Empire has only one confirmed member. I'll wait 24h before I give the slot to Darth Coupon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some pointers to make this PBF-game easy to follow:

- Thumbs up
The players: like / thumbs up the posts you have seen (it gives other players the knowledge you have read their post)

- When commiting orders
When ordering always state in bold: Rebel Admiral or Empire General. As it makes it easer to see where we are.

- Remeber the command order
1st: Rebel Admiral
2nd: Empire Admiral
3rd: Empire General
4th: Rebel General
then repeat.

- Battles
The attacker in a battle (wether through mission or moving) make a summary of forces and dice for both forces (and tactics). Even though opponent may or may not have a leader present. It makes it easier to follow battle and also to decide if opponent sends a leader to help. Of course Rebels do when base is suddenly encountered.

- Battle order
Remember the battle order:

Prebattle:
>> Defender may send leader to defend if there is not a defending leader with tactic ratings present
>> Attacker may play leader action card (if able)
>> Defender may play leader action card (if able)

Battle commences:
>> Attacker rols dice
>> Attacker play cards / draw cards (mix, multiple times etc)
>> Attacker assigns damage
>> Defender may block (with cards already in hand)
>> Defender rolls dice
>> Defender play cards / draw cards (mix, multiple times etc)
>> Defender assigns damage
>> Attcker may block (with cards already in hand)
Next theater combat then repeat (remember, there is also retreat after a full round (space and ground).

- Patience
In order to become a master of PBF you need patience. Wether your Sith or Jedi, it takes some time to master whatever you do, including playing this game.

- Fair play and flexibility
This is not a tournament. Just do your best rulewise and be flexible when its needed.

- The force
Yes, this game uses dice. But no luck is involved in this game. You need to make deciscions and act accordingly to what transpires.
And when you think the other one is really lucky... know it is the force that interferes.

- Enjoy!!
Thats an order from the Emperor himself.

- You are not alone
Altough its fun to play, people also watch these games. To learn, to enjoy or whatever reasons. Make it so that everyone is served (as much as you can, dont make a fuzz out of it )

Well, anyways... my point of view.

May the force be with you all.

edit: layout and corrections
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
They say that truth is the first casualty of war but in this case it's
The Algebraist
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools

Luckily, the Empire is never short on staff and so
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
is stepping up. The Empire team please get into contact regarding the role and post them here. Then the Empire is up for initial deployment.

In the meantime, you guys can familiarize yourself with the battle-script and run a test battle if you like to check if you see cards being draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
Very well put Aron, those guidelines and advice should be put up for all games.

I have a fair amount of experience with 4-player games, and I am looking forward to splitting the dice rolling with a partner. I'll get in touch with The Algebraist.

Thanks for setting everything up Thrombozyt, I'm looking forward to working with your spreadsheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Coupon wrote:
Very well put Aron, those guidelines and advice should be put up for all games.

I have a fair amount of experience with 4-player games, and I am looking forward to splitting the dice rolling with a partner. I'll get in touch with The Algebraist.

Thanks for setting everything up Thrombozyt, I'm looking forward to working with your spreadsheets.

Thanks.

Your partner is Menghini, not The Algebraist (he did not respond).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
blush

Ha, was so excited about getting into the game I misread Thrombo's post about subbing in.

My apologies Menghini, looking forward to playing together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
Thrombozyt wrote:
They say that truth is the first casualty of war but in this case it's
The Algebraist
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools

Luckily, the Empire is never short on staff and so
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
is stepping up. The Empire team please get into contact regarding the role and post them here. Then the Empire is up for initial deployment.

In the meantime, you guys can familiarize yourself with the battle-script and run a test battle if you like to check if you see cards being draw.

Thrombozyt, the buttons don't seem to function for me. They give me an error stating that the URL "blah blah blah" seems to be missing or deleted. I assume it is your mod SS as the URL takes me to a page I do not have access to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
I'll look into it. I guess you need to have access to the admin sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
It should work now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hello there! And how many did you kill today? My name is Menghini, partnered with DC. We're still having some 'words' over who is what, but I don't really care. Just give me some regiment and a gun and I'll make sure the Empire will rule, as well as me.

I'm still wondering about those stories with the force and all. DC was for Darth Something, so maybe I should watch out. I'd love to meet a Jedi: somebody who is worth my attention!

You'll hear from us soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
Thrombozyt wrote:
It should work now.

When I select any button it states that I do not have access to the requested document. It looks like it successfully created a battle (however I was not given a command to name it) and it successfully listed my card draws on the Card Console SS, however no cards were displayed on the Rebels SS.

Also going forward I assume I am allowed to PM Aron with respect to game start deployment and base selection, correct? I have ideas currently, but obviously much depends on Imperial logistical commands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
Yes, you guys are allowed to PM about general strategy up to the point where the initial deployment is posted (and the Rebel have told me the base location).

Regarding the script, I had to also give editing rights to the player sheets. Now it should also deal cards to the Player sheets as well as marking them down in the central console sheet.

Basically the root of the problem has been, that whoever is running the script isn't running it with my credentials (as the guy who owns the executing sheet and has written the script). The revision history shows me access by 'anonymous', so i would ask you to test again, if you can draw cards now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
Menghini wrote:

I'm still wondering about those stories with the force and all. DC was for Darth Something, so maybe I should watch out. I'd love to meet a Jedi: somebody who is worth my attention![/i]

You'll hear from us soon!

Sol Ponwil's cost-cutting and starship efficiency measures earned favour from the Emperor's circle and contempt from his officers and rivals, leading to the moniker of Darth Coupon that was giddily picked up Coruscant tabloids.

Now given an opportunity to command the Imperial Fleet, Ponwil is eager to prove his critics wrong and mete justice to both the Rebel insurgency and his own internal "hit list."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
V: "Comms Lieutenant, please submit hyperspace broadcast on frequency 'Code 2'..."

Comms Lieutenant: "Sir, the Imperials have hacked Code 2, this will not be secure!"

V: "Understood Lieutenant, high command has requested a 'war games' study to analyze our combat readiness against the Imperials. We will issue tactical commands as if Mandalore was a mission critical battle. In doing so we hope to learn of current enemy protocols. Now submit message as follows.

Admiral Ackbar leads daring attack on Imperial Fleet over Mandalore. Stop.

The Rebellion prepares 3 Space Tactical Maneuvers. Stop.

Also, due to standard procedure, 1 Ground Tactical Maneuver is prepared. Stop.

Does Empire respond from its leadership? Stop."

Empire players, please confirm that you can see where we drew cards (on the Card Console SS) but you cannot find the card results. Also, feel free to simulate a leader deployment and draw accordingly.

Mod: This tool seems very useful, thanks for building it! Also, can we get our initial Objective posted on our SS? Please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
The sheet correctly indicates Rebels have drawn three space and one ground card, I'll send Palpatine for three space and two ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey that's a nice program! It works, but just give me a system, my feet on the ground and I will work!

With me the program works and I see that the rebels drew some cards as well on the data source. I think that I'm general and DC is admiral (reading our stories now, I think we already chose).

Let's PM some business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
I see 5 Space Tactic cards drawn and 3 Ground Tactic cards drawn.

Provided that was intentional it looks like the system works!

Ready for Imperial Deployment, and 1st Rebel Objective to be submitted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
I thought I made to draw three space and two ground, I could have been too fast in clicking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Dara
msg tools
mb
Looks like you and Menghini might have been using it. So I wouldn't worry, just make sure every time you use it you wait for the spreadsheet to say 'finished script'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno Noms
msg tools
mb
Darth Coupon drew the correct number of cards. Then Menghini came in and drew some more. Then General V initiated a new battle and drew a host of cards.

I have reset the sheets and filled in new sets of random numbers.

I have dealt the Rebels their first objective in their sheet (sheet: Card Hand)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
After having to meet many security protocols on encrypted Holonet channels, the Imperial Commanders are ready to issue deployments:

Coruscant: Star Destroyer, Assault Carrier, 2 TIEs, AT-AT, AT-ST, 2 Stormtroopers
Corellia: 2 Stromtroopers, 2 TIEs
Sullust: Star Destroyer, Assault Carrier, 2 TIEs, AT-ST, 2 Stormtroopers
Mustafar: 2 Stormtroopers, 2 TIEs
Rodia: Death Star, 2 TIEs, AT-ST, 2 Stormtroopers
Saleucami: Star Destroyer, Assault Carrier, 2 TIEs, 2 AT-STs, 2 Stormtroopers

As Menghini said he is acting as General and I am the Admiral.

EDIT: Was missing 4 TIEs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [40] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.