Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: CW - OS 3 ... is it true? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read some posts stating an upcoming OS 3.

There is any official anuncement for PG about this?

It would be great, isnt it?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No official announcement, but they have commented in other threads saying it's happening. See here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/23634450#23634450
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Franke
Germany
Wildeshausen
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that they should deliver their other Kickstarters before they start a new project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boepp wrote:
I think that they should deliver their other Kickstarters before they start a new project.

That is exactly our policy: we won't launch a new Kickstarter till those projects have shipped:
- Orc Must Die
- Dicenstein
- Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 2
- Cthulhu for Pathfinder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mohammed
msg tools
Thanks for doing that, after Deep Madness I'll need another break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
Boepp wrote:

That is exactly our policy: we won't launch a new Kickstarter till those projects have shipped:
- Orc Must Die
- Dicenstein
- Cthulhu for Pathfinder

Nice to hear. This is one of the things that kept my $ away from Glorantha: The Gods War. Not because I was worried about quality or game play certainly, but having GtGW launch so soon after CW:O2 was just financially too much for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurkfish wrote:
Pitpipo wrote:
Boepp wrote:

- Orc Must Die
- Dicenstein
- Cthulhu for Pathfinder

Nice to hear. This is one of the things that kept my $ away from Glorantha: The Gods War. Not because I was worried about quality or game play certainly, but having GtGW launch so soon after CW:O2 was just financially too much for me.

I think this is what hit Glorantha the hardest (that and Chaos...). The Glorantha KS was up while the Cthulhu Wars late pledge manager was still open cannibalizing sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
Lurkfish wrote:
Pitpipo wrote:
Boepp wrote:

- Orc Must Die
- Dicenstein
- Cthulhu for Pathfinder

I think this is what hit Glorantha the hardest (that and Chaos...). The Glorantha KS was up while the Cthulhu Wars late pledge manager was still open cannibalizing sales.
More specifically I think it was that the pledge manager for OS2 closed during the campaign. For those who had waited until that point to add stuff and/or pay their shipping that was already a big drain on the wallet.

Also, the unofficial announcement of OS3 during the GW campaign was ill timed too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
All of this yes, to confirm what Pit already said,

We are not planning on launching any KS projects until we've shipped everything outstanding (except for The Gods War, which may not have shipped yet).

Additionally, our new method, under new leadership (Sandy less as president, and more as just lead designer), is that we won't Kickstart a game until it is virtually ready to go to print. I.e., if we could theoretically send the resin masters (if there are minis), and the ready-for-print master files to China that day, then we will launch the KS. At least this is the goal - there may be odds and ends not complete, but should be things we can finalize during the KS.

This is clearly how many other solid KS creators do things (CMON; Stegmaier, etc.), and we have missed the mark with this nearly every time, always for frustratingly different reasons.

But no longer! There have been recent massive changes inside PG, and we are set up to do the above, finally. Of course, don't take my word for it - see for yourselves through the next year as we wait to launch after delivery of our currently outstanding projects, and then launch a new one or two with no mock-up art work, and finalized 3D models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb

Planet Apocalypse (my next big design) is in the "fine-tuning" stage. Onslaught three still has a lot of design work ahead of it.

I tweeted when we did the first test of Shaggai (the new map for Onslaught Three), so a teensy bit of info is already released.

Also there is a tiny "secret" teaser for Onslaught Three contained within the Onslaught Two materials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:

Planet Apocalypse (my next big design) is in the "fine-tuning" stage. Onslaught three still has a lot of design work ahead of it.

I tweeted when we did the first test of Shaggai (the new map for Onslaught Three), so a teensy bit of info is already released.

Also there is a tiny "secret" teaser for Onslaught Three contained within the Onslaught Two materials.

Argh...does putting out maddeningly tantalizing teasers run in Petersen blood? Dealing with these teasers from Arthur is tough enough!

Planet Apocalypse...Shaggai...an easter egg in the OS2...can't wait for more info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've found the secret teaser !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Johnson
msg tools
Stoltzy92 wrote:
Pitpipo wrote:
I've found the secret teaser !!!

Where is it?
It's in the OS2 printed material, didn't you hear what Sandy said?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kriss pics
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cannot waitttttt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoltzy92 wrote:
Then let me rephrase. Where EXACTLY is it?

It is written on top !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
Stoltzy92 wrote:
Then let me rephrase. Where EXACTLY is it?

It is written on top !

on top... of what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Petersen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll spoil it. Take another look at the Hound of Tindalos neutral card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:

Schoooo Linc ! Shame on you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
linkthestink wrote:

A physical Hound figure? That would make my year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
rbeall88 wrote:
linkthestink wrote:

That'd definitely be neat, but I think they mean the secret text on top of the Hound card. Pretty awesome stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:
rbeall88 wrote:
linkthestink wrote:

That'd definitely be neat, but I think they mean the secret text on top of the Hound card. Pretty awesome stuff!

If this is a prank congrats, you guys just drived me crazy... I see nothing on the top of the card. No text, nothing...soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see... a shape... an unknown shape...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Gouveia
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
I see... a shape... an unknown shape...

Owwnnnn... I see it to...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
tiagomo wrote:
If this is a prank congrats, you guys just drived me crazy... I see nothing on the top of the card. No text, nothing...soblue

There's artifacting on the image that makes out letters. If you blow it up and enhance the brightness, you get this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow........that is the strangest coincidence. Obviously, Peter was making a nice joke (see below for the image of the new actual Hound card, with what Link was talking about - if you can't see the spoiler here, then I don't know what to tell you surprise ).

But, what Peter showed DOES have a connection to CW O3.......and that's all I can say for now ninja zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.