Subject: A Personal Thank You... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone, this is a post for all to add to as a personal thank you to Jamey and the team at Stonemaier Games (treat this post as a thank you card of sorts). I applauded and appreciate as a player the design, thought, and time they put into their games. I personally would like to thank them for treating us (the fans) as friends, taking the time to really hear our thoughts and criticisms we post, and always being polite enough to reply to as many posts as you can. Stonemaier Games have created solid titles for us to play and I hope the inspiration and determination to continue this trend of great games does not stop. I am looking forward to purchasing and enjoying everything to come from this company and the great team behind it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike George
United States
Smithville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Jamey and the team at Stonemaier Games. I have played 19 games of "Scythe" and have only won 2, but Thanks you for all the enjoyment keep it up Jamey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie has provided continuous AAA personal pre/post-sale support to all Scythe lovers, which is something many of us really appreciate. If only this was the market standard on how to treat fellow customers...

Thanks for all your interest and care, Jamie. Yours is truly a labor of love that deserves to be praised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dejun: I love it when people take the time to say something nice about anything (whether it's Stonemaier or any game or company or person or anything), so thank you for doing that. I'm honored to be the recipient of such kind words--this type of affirmation is a good reminder to me to keep doing certain things and to reduce the number of times I do the opposite of what you're saying here.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Wilson
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks. It's a hit with my group. To Morten: Love the solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not thanking anyone who makes me spend more money. I've had to buy the extended board, the coins, an extra automatic deck, wooed tokens AND a laser-cut insert. Buying good games is never cheap; buying a really good game has turned out to be very expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
Grove City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dejunking wrote:
Hello everyone, this is a post for all to add to as a personal thank you to Jamey and the team at Stonemaier Games (treat this post as a thank you card of sorts). I applauded and appreciate as a player the design, thought, and time they put into their games. I personally would like to thank them for treating us (the fans) as friends, taking the time to really hear our thoughts and criticisms we post, and always being polite enough to reply to as many posts as you can. Stonemaier Games have created solid titles for us to play and I hope the inspiration and determination to continue this trend of great games does not stop. I am looking forward to purchasing and enjoying everything to come from this company and the great team behind it.

Completely agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryantw wrote:
Thanks. It's a hit with my group. To Morten: Love the solo play.

Thanks, I'm happy to hear that .

Also a big thank you to Dejun for taking the time to post the OP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lopez
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add my thanks as well. It's been a long time since I've been this engaged in a game. I just recently grabbed Tabletop Simulator so I could buy Scythe digitally to play with some friends across state lines. That's a first for me.

Since late July, I've played over 20 games, most of which have been using the excellent solo mode, so I should thank Morten too. While I prefer the psychology and mind games of the multiplayer, the solo is a FANTASTIC addition that has given this game a lot of legs for me. So thanks to both Jamey and Morten! Great work, and I'm dying for expansion--I've played the bagpipes for 25 years (and I was raised from birth in a bagpipe band), and I've studied Japanese off and on for 15 years, so those are two of my favorite cultures to have represented. Also, purple and green are my favorite game colors, so it's pretty much an auto-buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin delp
United States
Greer
SC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you Jamey! I truly enjoy the experience Scythe brings to the table. Can't wait to spread the joy of Scythe to other people. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheCrazyPiper wrote:
I should add my thanks as well. It's been a long time since I've been this engaged in a game. I just recently grabbed Tabletop Simulator so I could buy Scythe digitally to play with some friends across state lines. That's a first for me.

Since late July, I've played over 20 games, most of which have been using the excellent solo mode, so I should thank Morten too. While I prefer the psychology and mind games of the multiplayer, the solo is a FANTASTIC addition that has given this game a lot of legs for me. So thanks to both Jamey and Morten! Great work, and I'm dying for expansion--I've played the bagpipes for 25 years (and I was raised from birth in a bagpipe band), and I've studied Japanese off and on for 15 years, so those are two of my favorite cultures to have represented. Also, purple and green are my favorite game colors, so it's pretty much an auto-buy for me.

Thanks, I'm happy to hear that you enjoy playing against the Automa.

I missed the word "band" in your bracketed comment and thought that a bagpipe to be a weird place to raise a child .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders
Norway
flag msg tools
This is a nice thread.

I would also like to thank Jamey & Stonemaier Games for such a wonderful game. So far I've taught the game to 6 other people. All of them have loved the game, and it has become the most requested game at game night.
I've played it maybe 20 or so times so far and will gladly play it a lot more! Really looking forward to the expansion as well.

I even backed Character Meeples 2.0 on Kickstarter just to pimp out my copy of Scythe even more. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Anders! I really appreciate everyone who takes the time and effort to teach our games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.