Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zenjoy
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something occured to me; though i see the outcome of it being rather rare. Is this correct?

1) Luke (Jedi) gets successfully converted to the Dark Side via the mission card.
2) A fight occurs in Vader's/ Palpatine's system and Luke is assigned to assist the fight (i.e.: give 3 tactics cards to both the Ground and Space battles).
3) The Rebels win one of the battles and play "Retun of the Jedi"

Since Luke (Jedi) is an Imperial Leader in that area, and is present in the area (i.e.: the two conditions for the extra ability on the card), can the Rebel player use this to have Luke kill himself? Make him feel such guilt he ends his life to stop being a pawn for the empire that corrupted him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saro Gumusyan

New York
msg tools
mb
I believe a converted Luke can be eliminated as he is an Imperial leader. The thematic aspect of this could include enforcing the Sith Rule of Two, with Palpatine seeing Luke as a threat and killing him to keep Vader in line. Or it could also be him realizing the error of his ways and sacrificing himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
zfairborn wrote:
Something occured to me; though i see the outcome of it being rather rare. Is this correct?

1) Luke (Jedi) gets successfully converted to the Dark Side via the mission card.
2) A fight occurs in Vader's/ Palpatine's system and Luke is assigned to assist the fight (i.e.: give 3 tactics cards to both the Ground and Space battles).
3) The Rebels win one of the battles and play "Retun of the Jedi"

Since Luke (Jedi) is an Imperial Leader in that area, and is present in the area (i.e.: the two conditions for the extra ability on the card), can the Rebel player use this to have Luke kill himself? Make him feel such guilt he ends his life to stop being a pawn for the empire that corrupted him?

This scenario was covered in an FAQ I believe. Yes you can absolutely kill darth Luke using this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.