Honshu» Forums » Rules

Subject: Limited resources? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Gilborson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So picked this up at Essen today, it is a really Interesting game and most enjoyable. But what happens when yiu run out of cubes? We assume they are a limited resource but couldn't see in the rules.

Many thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Interesting, from reading the rulebook I would have imagined that the number of cubes in the box was equal to the number of production squares on the cards. The rulebook says nothing about what to do if you obtain a card with a production square and there are no cubes left in the supply. It also seems odd that they wouldn't include enough cubes because one of the two uses for a cube involves holding onto it until the end of the game.

I hate to ask but did this actually happen in one of your games or is this a hypothetical question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalle Malmioja
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing with the A-sides there are maximum of 12 production squares in the game (for each color), with 5 players all come to play, with fewer counts some might not. With the B-sides there are maximum of 10-12 production squares in the game.

The reason why there are only 10 cubes per color is that there are only 10 factories that turn the cubes to points (well 11 if one B-side card is in the game). So in near all, excluding the 1 B-side card, games will have enough cubes that can be turned to points. Additionally, it is normal that cubes are played as trumps and then returned to pool, which should eliminate this problem.

I don't remember if the cubes of one color have ever run out in our games, but we always verbally agreed that cubes are a limited resource. It could have been said also in the rules, but as it is a real rarity, it wasn't on our minds when writing the rules.

Thanks for picking up Honshu. I wish I could have been in Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilborson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, helpful.

4 of us tried the game and we bought three copies. Taught the game to friends last night and they Are going to buy it today.

Excellent little game, lots of choices, plays quickly, great value.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.