Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: single_word_in_CAPS_meme [+] [View All]
Zenvious
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something i'm wondering and hopefully can find some convincing from some more experienced players.

Each time the Recruit phase comes along, I basically go for a new leader instead of keeping the card for its ability. My opponent essentially does the same.

Reason being a new Leader gives you an ongoing effect, while the card abilities typically just deploy a one-shot effect and only under certain circumstances.

I can see how some would be quite potent (i.e.: 1 in a Million to take out the Deathstar, Noble Sacrifice basically counting as a means to get +1 Rep, etc...) while others seem rather lacking (e.g.: an Old Friend simply lets you choose to use Han to recruit Chewie or Lando instead of hoping to get the appropriate recruit card - but only if Han gives up his activation for one tun).

Could some one help me review this so I can see its benefits? I suspect i am missing something here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are missing something. You keep the leader AND the card. You choose one of the two Action cards, add it to your hand, and recruit a leader listed on the card.

Note that action cards can only be played by a leader listed on the card, so they will ordinarily only be playable by the leader you just recruited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
As Daravon, you get the card AND the associated Leader.

The only case where you would take a card without the associated Leader is when you draw a card for a Leader you already control. You can choose to keep the card, but do not get a new Leader in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note: in the unlikely event that you've already recruited all of the leaders shown on your action cards, you're allowed to keep drawing action cards one at a time until you draw an unrecruited leader.

So you will ALWAYS have the option of recruiting a new leader (and getting their associated action card).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Th title made me think this was a strategy topic, which would be interesting

The question brought up an interesting variant idea

But alas it was neither
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.