Subject: out of print? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
FFG's site says this game is no longer available and out of print. Does that mean it is dead and not being produced anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It seems so. They had a big sale several months ago. No indication that any more extension will be printed or that the existing core box or expansions will be reprinted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
That sucks because this looks very fun and a really good command and colors. I just recently discovered it and noticed I cannot find it. I would hate to order it somewhere like ebay and then they release a new and improved edition like battle lore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
they release a new and improved edition like battle lore
I don't have much to say about the out of print status, apart the fact that it's a pity. I wanted to clarify that Battlelore 2nd edition is NOT an improved version of Battlelore 1st edition. I played them both quite extensively, and I can confirm that they are different games. The fantasy background of the two games is completely different, and the game mechanics, despite a few similarity, like the use of command cards and a three-section battlefield, works differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
I would hate to order it somewhere like ebay and then they release a new and improved edition like battle lore

There hasn't been any indication of this, unfortunately.
If you're interested in BoW, I would grab it while the getting is good. It's been getting dumped for cheap for a while, but those sales are running out now, and oop scarcity will likely drive up prices sooner or later.

I think it's unlikely we'll see BoW resurrected, but I could see the BoW game system ported over to a non-GoT setting at some point. The BoW leadership mechanics make it a very different game from BattleLore, and there could be a lot of applications for the system in other settings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. I am currently trying to find the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just found the game for only $30 at the oddest place, here: http://www.biblio.com/book/battles-westeros/d/907647280

I have ordered it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
United States
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
I just found the game for only $30 at the oddest place, here: http://www.biblio.com/book/battles-westeros/d/907647280

Excellent! I'm almost enticed to pick up another copy myself at that price!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
heck, you can buy it here and make a profit selling it on ebay, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Makos
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered this to get sent to the UK and it turned up in 7 days - $42 all in. Absolute bargain.

Now to see if it's any good....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.