Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious if anyone was able to see a preview of the insert. Looking at the Essen pictures, it looks like the box will very quickly turn into a giant mass of baggies and I'm curious if the insert is designed to functionally hold and sort the components, or if it's really just a couple of separated spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The factory is still working on the insert, so no one including me has seen it yet, but it was designed to organize as many of the components as possible you. There will be pictures of it as soon as I have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting for a game that was originally to be delivered in May 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aron craig
United States
Cumming
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

Not at all unusual for a KS boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

Do you know what's more interesting? How so many people have never carried out a complicated creative endeavour yet think they know they could do better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
OhBollox wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Do you know what's more interesting? How so many people have never carried out a complicated creative endeavour yet think they know they could do better.

Do you know what is the MOST interesting? The fact that that's literally the first complaint I've heard about the delay for this particular project. Clearly the amazing communication has somewhat paid off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
There are approximately three levels of quality here.

1) on time.
2) late with good communication.
3) late without communication.

I consider the jump from 3 to 2 to much a much bigger jump than 2 to 1. Getting stuff done quickly and quality is extremely expensive and would seriously cut into Cephalofair's profit margins quite a lot. We do want people to keep making games! Hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes and do better next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm just a poor backer, but if I had $306,104 of other people's money, I would try to figure out the issues beforehand. Kickstarter is not a new thing

But enabling seems to be the future. I surrender
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Griffard
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Estimated delivery dates are just that - estimates. Every time I back a Kickstarter I add 6-12 months to the estimated delivery date and then decide if I still want to back it. If they deliver "on time" or early then I'm pleasantly surprised. If not, then I was already prepared for the delay. Good communication of delays and issues is more important to me than meeting the estimated delivery date. If I don't want to worry about waiting then I buy the game when it releases to retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam "Rolling Solo" Smith
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Play or interested in the growing world of solo play? Check out youtube.com/RollingSolo
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Well, I'm just a poor backer, but if I had $306,104 of other people's money, I would try to figure out the issues beforehand. Kickstarter is not a new thing

But enabling seems to be the future. I surrender

You're right about one thing, Kickstarter isn't a new thing. Just like a couple individuals (instead of a company) being responsible to create, develop, test and manage a board game being manufactured and shipped by a third party requires as much time as it takes for a quality product.

THAT isn't a new thing on Kickstarter either....and luckily enough you don't need a bunch of money to know this fact either!

Keep up the good work Issac! Your communication has been stellar and a rarity compared to a typical Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. We truly wish it was in your hands already. I assure you, we worked on it as often as we could (I personally slept an average of 3 hours a night for about 3 months), but like you said. It was a very small team with some of us creating this on the side in addition to our normal full-time jobs and not ignoring our families. We're newer to this and tried to cover every perceived time delay going in, unfortunately there were some we missed. We have already sat down and come up with a plan for Isaac's next game with a goal to deliver much closer to the estimated date. We really do appreciate the grace everyone is offering us and thanks for remaining passionate about the project!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:

Thank you for hijacking a thread meant for discussion of the game insert and making it a vehicle to further your sense of entitlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you could have just rushed the game out the door and made your estimate with many errors, production problems, without the extras, and no finishing touches to gameplay, rulebooks, minis, graphics, etc.

Instead, you polished Gloomhaven and realized the idea as the best product you could produce, and I personally prefer and thank you for that. We all know that with the patience and understanding most of us have invested, that the return is both promised and more worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mavericklancer wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Thank you for hijacking a thread meant for discussion of the game insert and making it a vehicle to further your sense of entitlement.

Good point. I was wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh McDowell
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer the insert question. I designed one around march and sent it off. The manufacturer recommended we hold off on actually producing it until we had components to put into it so that we could make sure things would actually fit instead of theoretically fit on paper. We're working with them now to finalize it. After that it's just packing up contents and shipping the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:
To answer the insert question. I designed one around march and sent it off. The manufacturer recommended we hold off on actually producing it until we had components to put into it so that we could make sure things would actually fit instead of theoretically fit on paper. We're working with them now to finalize it. After that it's just packing up contents and shipping the games.

Any specifics on how the insert was designed and intended to be used? what are there specific compartments for and what will we need to put in baggies on our own? Are you confident that after everything is punched out it will all fit back into the box?

Thanks so much and have a great day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcscowl wrote:

remember the sleeving compulsive syndrome, please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
calpurnio1973 wrote:
mcscowl wrote:

+1 to this! I've got OCD when it comes to sleeving, if I can't sleeve normally I'm going to need to create my own insert meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus S
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AndrewAU wrote:
calpurnio1973 wrote:
mcscowl wrote:

+1 to this! I've got OCD when it comes to sleeving, if I can't sleeve normally I'm going to need to create my own insert meeple

The issue with this is, remembering sleeving for which cards? Do you expect them to account for you sleeving all 1600 cards? If not, how do they know which ones you plan to sleeve? And what about others? It might not be feasible to make it work for sleeving all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 1600 cards? Okay, I so did not remember that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they have addressed this, and there was a compromise - there will be room to sleeve an active subset of cards including ones which will be at higher risk - more shuffling and/or other reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
CarcuS wrote:
AndrewAU wrote:
calpurnio1973 wrote:
mcscowl wrote:

The issue with this is, remembering sleeving for which cards? Do you expect them to account for you sleeving all 1600 cards? If not, how do they know which ones you plan to sleeve? And what about others? It might not be feasible to make it work for sleeving all the cards.

You can't call yourself a sleever and not sleeve all the cards laughlaugh so the answer is every card regardless if it gets used once! Hell my whole box of PACG is sleeved and that's 1200+
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Wiesner
Germany
Düsseldorf
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Paul G wrote:
OhBollox wrote:
Orangemoose wrote:

Do you know what is the MOST interesting? The fact that that's literally the first complaint I've heard about the delay for this particular project. Clearly the amazing communication has somewhat paid off!

Though with all those strech goals added delivery on time wasn't realistic in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonugh
msg tools
fortheloveofdice wrote:
I believe they have addressed this, and there was a compromise - there will be room to sleeve an active subset of cards including ones which will be at higher risk - more shuffling and/or other reasons.

I imagine the attack modifier decks and maybe the event decks will be the only ones that really need sleeving as there shouldn't be a need to shuffle the equipment or character abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
KreenWarrior wrote:
there shouldn't be a need to shuffle the equipment or character abilities.

Once per short rest, actually. Or you could have another player draw one card at random. In any case, those cards will be handled a lot, and I would probably sleeve them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.