Subject: Punchboard misalignment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias Deparcq
Belgium
Schoten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just came home after two long days in Essen.
I was very eager to unpack Lorenzo but I was a bit disappointed when I saw the punchboard. I can live with a little wrong cutting but here it's way of center and for a game that cost me €50 I find this unacceptable.
Do other people also have this with their copy or am I the only one? cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were a bit off alignment, but not as bad as yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have a copy of the game yet, but those cuts are within the margin of error, so to speak, since they're within the margins. I have a few games that are slightly off in their cutting like what you're showing in your picture. But if it's bothering you enough, email the publisher and attach the picture and see if they'll send you replacement board(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that would bother me too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm missing one of the 4 personal bonus tiles, no less. It appears it had been punched out of the cardboard sheet accidentally before being packed up. Well I guess so.

I sent them one of my friend to their booth today (I personally left Essen on the first day) but they refused to offer the tile, enjoining me to send them an email. Which I did. I guess I won't have any response until next week. We had to play the game using some homemade proxy for the missing tile.

The game is pretty good though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heike Pohl
msg tools
Hi,
the same in my game. Unfortunally some other games have the same problem. Must be very very difficult to cut correct - ggrrr. To bad, that the companys don´t check that.

In my case it is primaly the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
same here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My punchboards suffer the same disease even the board has spots where the colors fade in the folds. Very disappoînted with the production quality of this €50 game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klemens Franz
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is that production companies only can guarantee +/-3mm ... so everything "Imortant" must be 3mm away from the die-line and you need 3mm outside the die-line. It comes with the material and the process (paper is very difficult to handle).

In most cases they check and sort out the worst of the worst and mostly the variance is between 1 and 1.5mm. But this takes time (more time = more expensive). Sometimes it looks really odd (I remember some LeHavre tiles that looked quite ugly but everything was on them and it was within the 3mm range).

Cheers,
Klemens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job on the very clear an intuitive iconography, Klemens Franz. The game looks amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Wrote to Cranio on Tuesday. Still no answer

The game and the artwork is really delightful, but that customer "care" gives me a bitter taste

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klemens Franz
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Give them some time ninja. The week after Essen is mostly catching up and there's already an upcoming fair in Italy ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric Meurrens
France
LESQUIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I showed them the punch during Essen fair. They told me that the game is "playable"... they propose me to change my box BUT I'm sure that all boxes from essen print were in same state...

But it's really annoying... and editor's behaviour was nearly bad-faith.

I'm not surprised you don't have answer... I'm disapointed with Cranio.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frédéric Meurrens
France
LESQUIN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and the game is so good !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
israperrillo wrote:
Same here. Wrote to Cranio on Tuesday. Still no answer

The game and the artwork is really delightful, but that customer "care" gives me a bitter taste It's in the small details where a company is great or not.

Wrote them as well, but also no answer. Even though it is the week post-essen, I do have the feeling that we won't get an answer. I'm also disappointed in Cranio Creations, but somehow still have hope they might replace them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a reply via twitter! They are now in Lucca Comics & Games and they won't be available till next week.

So I can wait, but the company should set an auto-email response for this cases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope they will be willing to replace my punchboards because now I'm not only disappointed but also feel ripped off seeing I paid €50 at Essen and my FLGS now has it for sale at €36!! soblue I didn't expect this from a noteworthy Publisher like Cranio Creations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Deparcq
Belgium
Schoten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my reply today but they won't send me a replacement because they think it's normal and does not effect gameplay.

Anyone else got lucky?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isra C.
Spain
Valdemoro, Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjorn Petit
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Same here talk about a non-existing customer service! Last Cranio Creations game I will ever buy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.