John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to dissect this transcript just a little:

Video wrote:
Donald Trump: You know and I moved on her actually. You know she was down on Palm Beach.

Unknown: She used to be great. She's still very beautiful.

Trump: I moved on her and I failed. I'll admit it.

Trump is supposed to be the alphiest male of alpha males. And yet he failed to score with this woman. Do alpha males fail? Isn't part of being an alpha having game such that no woman could refuse you? Or, at least, being more discerning with whom you're trying to score so the chance of being refused doesn't even enter into it? I don't think alpha status is determined through a numbers game where you try and try and try again until you eventually score. Any beta can do that. That seems like how he "succeeded" in business, too.

Quote:
Trump: I did try and fuck her. She was married.

Unknown: That's huge news.

Trump: No, no, Nancy. No this was — and I moved on her very heavily, in fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said I'll show you where they have some nice furniture. I took her out furniture. I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn't get there, and she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look.

Again, Trump's alleged alpha male cred is in question: do alpha males take women out furniture shopping? Would a real "alpha" need such a pretense? Isn't it just supposed to be, "I'm the man and you're going to fuck me"? He allegedly tried that with the People reporter, "You know we're going to have an affair." But of course that failed. For an "alpha," he doesn't have a lot of "success" with his "game."

And then there's the part I bolded, "I moved on her like a bitch." There's actually a lot of discussion on the web about exactly what that means. Some going so far as to suggest he was going to dry hump the lucky lady's leg. There's simply a lot of confusion regarding that phrasing with the vast majority of tweets and posts regarding it saying that Trump totally misused "like a bitch." That the way he misuses it shows him desperately trying to be hip, cool, and one of the guys.

Quote:
Trump: Yeah, that's her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.

And now our alpha top dog Donald Trump is denying that he ever did any of the things he bragged about in his "locker room talk." I've known some men boys who considered themselves to be alphas. When someone comes into their world bragging that they did things like the Donald did and it turns out that they didn't actually do them - or that they aren't man enough to stand by their boasts later and deny them - they call that kind of guy a "poser." Or, ...

... a bitch.

So, taking his own words into account, which is it? Is Donald truly an alpha male but also a misogynistic slimbag felon who doesn't wait for permission? Or is he a little bitch who desperately brags to other men trying to make them believe he is an alpha but, as it turns out, doesn't have the balls to stand behind his bluster when called out on it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confidence means having the guts to try despite the risk of failure.

I will grant that Trump has world class confidence to the point of irrational excessive confidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hathorn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Confidence means having the guts to try despite the risk of failure.

I will grant that Trump has world class confidence to the point of irrational excessive confidence.

Irrational confidence is narcissism which crosses a line where failure is no longer recognized for what it is. Self-assurance is recognizing your faults, deriving confidence from your strengths and your faults, and learning how to play to those characteristics - whether guiding situations to where your strengths come into play or learning from your failures. That's where Trump's "confidence" goes wrong. He'll never admit to failure. And he can never learn from them. All he believes he has are strengths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.