$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in quotes because I didn't feel like rigidly defining everything. However, I did want to leave this question more on the open side

For me... red text explains why this won't work...
1) Get ALL of my groups together for a game night/weekend
I've played board games in several regions in the nation, and had met many groups. I would love for all of them to get together under one roof to play games. This ain't necessary for any of them to enjoy the hobby, but I'm certain they'd all get along just fine and have more fun. Plus, their combined preferences, not to mention game libraries would be sweet.

It can be hard to get people in the same area for a game night, let alone with thousands of miles to deal with. Plus, getting a venue, who'd pay for flights, travel, food. People have kids, jobs, spouses, other obligations.

A convention would be the closest thing, but some of the members didn't bother with their local conventions, and I'd like to do this as an event more on the private side

2) Get some games I'd like into digital format
Roll For The Galaxy, Race For The Galaxy with the Xeno Invasion expansion, Roll Through The Ages: The Iron Age w/Med. exp, and Pandemic The Cure for some

No kidding, I'd be willing to pay $50 for each of these implementations (needs to have AI, and I'd have a minimum set of requirements in that case). However, it probably won't make financial sense for the publishers, and wouldn't be projects they'd want to pursue

3) Come up with a plan so that all desired games get played enough times
I've gotten to know some of the games certain people would like to try, and try again.

Many of my groups do open format, so an organized play wouldn't jive with them. Also, I'm too lazy to put in a whole "math trade for getting games played" system to try to figure the logistics out anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Four player game of Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection where everyone knows the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to get an all day game session in with 2-3 of my board gamer friends who enjoyed more than light weight games. And no wives or children to worry about.

Doesn't sound like an impossible feat but hitting all of those points is impossible. Usually my once a week session is 3 hours long which allows 1 game, maybe 2. Or it's all light weight games. Or someone brings their kids which interrupt. i like kids but dang, sometime I just want some grown up time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
In increasing order of difficulty:

1 Get every one of my grail games. thumbsup

2 Stop identifying new grail games to yearn for... shake

3 Accept that I will *not* get every member of my household to embrace board gaming. soblue

4 Beat my younger son at Monad. Once. Once is all I ask. zombie

5 Discover exactly what this all means for Up Front. (Hey, if I'm going for the impossible, I might as well shoot the Moon!) aristocrat

Great topic, ackmon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Complete an integrated game of Space Empires: 4X + Talon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
mbmbmb
Great idea for a thread!

1) STOP buying new games.

Me. Though seriously, I will do it. Somehow!

2) Nearly always beat my wife at Star Realms.
There should be some law, that when one of you loves a game much more than the other (she hates Star Realms), that person should usually win! Likewise I am ahead in her favourite game, CO2, though I do really love that one, just that it is not in my top 10 quite.

The way the universe is.

3) Get all my cards sleeved.

Muscle ache, sore elbows, lack of supply to UK, lack of funds, lack of the months required. Sleeves sometimes being just a little too tight. See also 1.

4) To buy a version of Monopoly that I love playing.
For nostalgic reasons. They did it for Risk (Risk Europe - really like it!).

A kabillion sales. See also 1.

5) To have played every single possible combination of Dominion cards.

Putts wrote:
Assuming an average American lifespan of 78.37 years (from Wikipedia), you'll need to play around six million games per second from birth until death. And that number is only going to go up with Guilds.
Better hurry up, you're behind already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Win a game, I guess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter
Netherlands
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smart A.I.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember where I saw/heard/read this but a few months ago I got a pad of yellow sticky notes and wrote this on them:

August 2016
Play me before
August 2017

I put this in all of my games that I profess to LOVE and if I don't play them at least once before the expiry date then I promised myself I would sell them.

Since then I have played a lot of my other games (with no sticky note) and only one of them with a sticky note. Solo play doesn't count for this task.

soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melody Klein
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try out the dozens of chess variants that interest me.

I've got For the Crown (Second edition) and can't imagine a future point in which I'll prefer to play a different chess variant in its stead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Play Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) with 2 people since I only know 2 people who'd play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Hostetler
United States
Warminster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get my wife to put down her electronics and play more games with the family. My daughter and I are always begging her to play but she very rarely says yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.