5 Posts

London Dread» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boosting your action points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Slathe
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions about the three actions for boosting your action points during an investigation:

1. Are you obligated to use the method you've indicated with an investigation token (e.g. if I put a red investigation token, must I use that method to boost my action points) or can I use a different method? I assume the answer is no since they are listed as a tool to helpfull convey information, not a required planned action (though it might make an interesting variant to increase difficulty - and if that's already listed in the back of the rule book then whoops, I didn't read those).

2. Can you use only one method to try and boost your Action Points? Or could you flip a card and then use an item and spend a virtue token? The example box in the rule book says the player could use "any one" of these methods, but since the example also is talking about making up a one point deficit, that language could be ambiguous. I'm guessing the answer is that you can only use one method, as that makes the most sense mechanically.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with how you have interpreted the rules and with your reasoning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can use any and all methods to boost your matches. Otherwise, the challenges during the endgame would be insanely difficult to get through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seppel (BGG)
Germany
Kirchzarten
B-W
flag msg tools
Meowww
mbmbmbmb
1) I think the tokens are only a help to remember what you had planned. They're not restricting in any way.

2) You can use all 3 options (Items, Virtue token, Investigator cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seppel got it right.

Thanks

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.