Elder Sign: Omens of Ice» Forums » General

Subject: adventure cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Sacher
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
When you complete an adventure card do you put its replacement face up or face down? Like lets say I complete one of the top 3 that start off face up?

Thanks for the info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Had it been the opposite, in three moves you'd have destroyed the reason why cards have a facedown effect...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sacher
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Had it been the opposite, in three moves you'd have destroyed the reason why cards have a facedown effect...

My friend thought that the top 3 were always face up and the bottom 3 were always face down. Made this post because we were arguing about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Nertak wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

My friend thought that the top 3 were always face up and the bottom 3 were always face down. Made this post because we were arguing about it.

I see. Yup, in this way you'd keep all the time half of the cards facedown and half faceup, thus lessening the impact of bad stuff and allowing for a more considerate approach to adventures. Could be an interesting houserule in case the game results being too difficult (so, good idea!). But if you wanna play by the rules, then, nope, all cards after setup enter play facedown (not including OWs)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Nertak wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

I see. Yup, in this way you'd keep all the time half of the cards facedown and half faceup, thus lessening the impact of bad stuff and allowing for a more considerate approach to adventures. Could be an interesting houserule in case the game results being too difficult (so, good idea!). But if you wanna play by the rules, then, nope, all cards after setup enter play facedown (including OWs)

Are OW cards really placed facedown, Julia? Is this in the rules as written?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:

Thanks

Nope, sorry, OWs are placed faceup. Sorry, my bad, I might have thought of Gates when answering. OW adventures in the Omens series are always placed faceup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
coralsaw wrote:

Thanks

Nope, sorry, OWs are placed faceup. Sorry, my bad, I might have thought of Gates when answering. OW adventures in the Omens series are always placed faceup

Thanks Julia, in any case I found it always more thematic (if one can say that ), to not know what you'll face until after you go through the gate, so I would try it facedown. Probably a bit more challenging..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.