Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: An Open Letter to RIOT Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Langston
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Whom It May Concern:

I will keep this brief... wowie wow wow WOW!!!

You, my new friends, have shaken up this wonderful community (in a good way), and I am so excited to receive my new copy in the mail sometime very soon. As a side note, I sold off about 4 games that weren't getting any play in my gaming group in order to "Net Zero" this purchase (which makes my wife happy... whistle). I'm already imagining the laughs to be had from the brutality of various minions... it's gonna be GOOOOOOD!!!

Having said that, I really hope that you all are paying close attention to what the board game community is screaming at you loud and clear:

KEEP MAKING BOARDGAMES!!!

Smash-hits such as Mechs Vs. Minions should be a clarion call to you at RIOT that you are certainly doing something right. I've listened to podcasts where you've been interviewed, watched countless MvsM reviews, and even stalked my way through many a BGG thread. And what I've joyfully discovered is that you seem to be "one of us"... you get it.

We like "shiny" components.
We desire great gameplay.
And if you offer it at a price tag like you have, we'll crawl all over each other trying to get to it.

I sincerely hope that you are able to pat yourselves on the back for a job well done, but I also hope that this shows you how ravenous we boardgamers are for great games. I really hope that this endeavor is profitable for you, and I would love it if THOUSANDS of League players who've never played a modern boardgame pick this up on a whim and catch the boardgaming itch that we have! After all, the more the merrier for this hobby!

More than anything, though, I hope that this experience will show you that you all are incredibly talented at making games that we love, and you need to do more of this! I'm hoping that RIOT will continue pumping out expansion content for MvsM and begin to work on new games as well. You have proven to us that you understand modern gaming, and I hope that this isn't just a "one-off".

Anyways, best to you and your company... consider these thoughts that I (and many like me) have had, and hopefully this isn't RIOT's one and only foray into boardgaming!

Best regards,
A humble gamer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also like to add: Please fix your buggy merchandise site and upgrade your server load capacity if you plan any more big launches like this.

With so many League of Legends players and boardgamers around the world, it really shouldn't have surprised you that your merchandise server received the traffic it did.

That said, I eagerly anticipate playing this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cleland
Canada
Carlisle
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
I'd also like to add: Please fix your buggy merchandise site and upgrade your server load capacity if you plan any more big launches like this.

With so many League of Legends players and boardgamers around the world, it really shouldn't have surprised you that your merchandise server received the traffic it did.

That said, I eagerly anticipate playing this game!

If you'd like to add something to an overwhelmingly positive post you should say something positive instead of some tired compliant.

I'd like to add that I appreciate that although there were some major challenges with the merch store @ launch I appreciate how the company handled it via communication via other channels. Looking forward to my copy arriving!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whitecarlton81 wrote:

KEEP MAKING BOARDGAMES!!!

I second this. Riot clearly has both ingenuity and resources for this demanding market. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Saucerboy wrote:
If you'd like to add something to an overwhelmingly positive post you should say something positive instead of some tired compliant.

Just bringing balance back to the Force.
No need for too much panty-twisting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Saucerboy wrote:

Nah, complaints are good, especially when they're right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.