Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
In Turn 3 in a Standard game, playing the ROK, I have an AMPH in hex 4720 as well as a CVN and another AMPH in Japan. East Sea Box is Allied-controlled, East Sea In-Shore box is DPRK-controlled. Are the following modifiers correct (Figured I should be using the latest series rules from India-Pakistan and the Taiwan chart as crazy as it may sound!)

CVN and AMPH can move from Japan to the East Sea box without having to roll.
CVN can try to move to the East Sea In-Shore box, I have to roll with a -1 modifier thanks to the AMPH being in the At Sea box.
I failed that roll miserably so I tried moving the AMPH to the In-Shore box, again with a -1 modifier thanks to the CVN being in the At Sea box.
I succeeded. Now, I wouldn't risk my embarked units but let's say I wanted to move the AMPH to an All-Sea hex from there, what would the modifiers be? Seems like the CVN in the At Sea box would still give me -1 and the In-Shore being enemy-controlled would give me +1, correct? That looks different from the Korea chart, which defines the term "Present" as being in the In-Shore box for movement to an all-sea hex. The most recent rules seem to have changed that somewhat.
And last question, if I want to move my AMPH from 4720 to the In-Shore box, would I get +2 for my 2 USN units (One in the At Sea box and one in the In-Shore Box) and -1 because the In-Shore box is enemy-controlled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux
Canada
Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sense an amphibious landing. I don't like amphibious landing in the Great Leader's backyard. Hell will be brought upon the weak ROK.

More seriously, the Amph in 4720 is in port.

I think erratas say you can move ships as a stack to get better drms.

Really curious on a ruling here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
In Turn 3 in a Standard game, playing the ROK, I have an AMPH in hex 4720 as well as a CVN and another AMPH in Japan. East Sea Box is Allied-controlled, East Sea In-Shore box is DPRK-controlled. Are the following modifiers correct (Figured I should be using the latest series rules from India-Pakistan and the Taiwan chart as crazy as it may sound!)

CVN and AMPH can move from Japan to the East Sea box without having to roll.
CVN can try to move to the East Sea In-Shore box, I have to roll with a -1 modifier thanks to the AMPH being in the At Sea box.
I failed that roll miserably so I tried moving the AMPH to the In-Shore box, again with a -1 modifier thanks to the CVN being in the At Sea box.
I succeeded. Now, I wouldn't risk my embarked units but let's say I wanted to move the AMPH to an All-Sea hex from there, what would the modifiers be? Seems like the CVN in the At Sea box would still give me -1 and the In-Shore being enemy-controlled would give me +1, correct? That looks different from the Korea chart, which defines the term "Present" as being in the In-Shore box for movement to an all-sea hex. The most recent rules seem to have changed that somewhat.
And last question, if I want to move my AMPH from 4720 to the In-Shore box, would I get +2 for my 2 USN units (One in the At Sea box and one in the In-Shore Box) and -1 because the In-Shore box is enemy-controlled?

They may move as a stack. An AMPH provides no benefit, only SAG/CV/CVN. Units in the At Sea and/or Inshore Boxes modify rolls, but if they are in an all-sea hex or Port, they do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 32 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
Would moving as a stack provide any kind of benefit or is this just a matter of having to roll only once for a bunch of naval units?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
Would moving as a stack provide any kind of benefit or is this just a matter of having to roll only once for a bunch of naval units?

Rolling once is the primary benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.