Mage Wars Academy» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Making the Warlock work rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micah Paroni
United States
California
flag msg tools
So he seems kinda weak out of the box, Priestess beats him every time with her old Paladin. The only way to deal with the Paladin is to pile on the damage early on, which means you're not bringing out creatures after turn 2 until you think he's out of healing, and by then the Warlock has fallen too far behind in the damage game.

Anybody make a Warlock deck they like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Deever
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chiller087 wrote:
So he seems kinda weak out of the box, Priestess beats him every time with her old Paladin. The only way to deal with the Paladin is to pile on the damage early on, which means you're not bringing out creatures after turn 2 until you think he's out of healing, and by then the Warlock has fallen too far behind in the damage game.

Anybody make a Warlock deck they like?

This is an interesting discussion because my buddy almost always plays some variation of the priestess, and the few times I've faced off against his Priestess with a Warlock build, I've won. Battle forge and hawkeye round 1. Akiro's Favor and Fireshaper Ring round 2. two fireballs for 16 dice with the possibility of a re-roll by round 3.

Of course, depending on what my buddy does at that point depends on how I finish him off. Might be:

- Eagleclaw boots to move over the wall he's about to cast
- Poison Blood curse or deathlock to prevent heals
- Hellfire lash to begin the melee beatdown
- Bear Strength and/or Gauntlets of Strength to increase melee damage

At this point, it's basically melee/fire spell combos.

In any instance, the Warlock is pretty strong if you are ultra-aggressive from the very beginning. Just my 2 cents as I'm not nearly as experienced as some of the other players who post here and at the Arcane Wonder's forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Paroni
United States
California
flag msg tools
Umm, this is the forum for Mage Wars Academy, not Mage Wars Arena.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.