Ben Torell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Android:Netrunner videos: http://www.peachhack.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this even counts as a spoiler, but because it only becomes possible after opening a box, I'll spoiler it just in case:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Is it possible to take 2 upgrades of the same name on a ship? For example, can I take Intrepid twice on the same ship for +4 Explore? I wasn't able to find anything in the rules forbidding it, but it seems a bit weird to be able to double up like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any reason why not. It also doesn't seem weird. Why couldn't a ship be upgraded twice in the same way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Torell
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Android:Netrunner videos: http://www.peachhack.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems weird thematically. If my ship is already Intrepid, how can it be made Intrepid again? Is it becoming "more Intrepid"? Is it becoming Intrepid-but-we-really-mean-it-this-time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sooooooo intrepid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O.Shane Balloun
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
I will play as the Atreides, Bene Gesserit, Emperor, Fremen, Guild, or Harkonnen.
badge
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
mbmbmbmbmb
dodgepong wrote:
It seems weird thematically. If my ship is already Intrepid, how can it be made Intrepid again? Is it becoming "more Intrepid"? Is it becoming Intrepid-but-we-really-mean-it-this-time?

Indeed, with only two upgrades, your ship would be More Intrepid. If the designers had decided to put a third upgrade slot, your ship would be Most Intrepid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Intrepidest... intrepidbest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Cast out to sea with Intrepidation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dodgepong wrote:

"Definitely as intrepid as is currently allowed by the limited upgrades we have available in our tiny, two-dimensional world"

And yes, you can have two of the same thing on the same ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grammatoncleric wrote:
dodgepong wrote:

Indeed, with only two upgrades, your ship would be More Intrepid. If the designers had decided to put a third upgrade slot, your ship would be Most Intrepid.

Just wait for "Most Excellent"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
msg tools
Can you also build multiple of the same building? The advantages of multiple Gun Towers is obvious, but could you build both ports just to take the option away from everyone else (well and gain a glory from building a building)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thrilledcodex wrote:
Can you also build multiple of the same building? The advantages of multiple Gun Towers is obvious, but could you build both ports just to take the option away from everyone else (well and gain a glory from building a building)?

Interesting question. I would assume that you can, since there's no indication that you can't (and even during the prologue, there are multiples of several buildings). But I could see how some buildings could be quite powerful when duplicated. For example, (first unlock spoiler)
multiple buildings of the marketplace variety, which presumably WOULD have cumulative effect on sell price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Pelkofer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
thrilledcodex wrote:

Interesting question. I would assume that you can, since there's no indication that you can't (and even during the prologue, there are multiples of several buildings). But I could see how some buildings could be quite powerful when duplicated. For example, (first unlock spoiler)
multiple buildings of the marketplace variety, which presumably WOULD have cumulative effect on sell price.

There's nothing anywhere in the rules that says you can't have multiple buildings of the same type. We're playing that you can double whatever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pisani
United States
New Albany
Indiana
flag msg tools
Much intrepid. So ship. Wow sail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep buying both Trading Ports, but only get to use them once! Got to plan better...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.