Popular Tags: [View All]
David Arlington
United States
Spanish Fort
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the part about "Add 2 microbes to ANOTHER card." a requirement for playing this card like having the proper placement area for Urbanized Area's city, etc?

If so, can the microbes be put on ANY card? It doesn't really specifically say you have to put them on a card that has microbes on it. (Thinking maybe you could find some card to move those two microbes later to a card where they WOULD be useful, for instance.)

Thanks,
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocSavage2001 wrote:
Is the part about "Add 2 microbes to ANOTHER card." a requirement for playing this card like having the proper placement area for Urbanized Area's city, etc?

If so, can the microbes be put on ANY card? It doesn't really specifically say you have to put them on a card that has microbes on it. (Thinking maybe you could find some card to move those two microbes later to a card where they WOULD be useful, for instance.)

Thanks,
Dave

I don't have the card here but if the text about adding 2 microbes to another card is at the bottom of the card it's an instant effect that happpens when you play the card.
That being said, I believe you can play cards that benefit you without receiving those benefits but you have to use that effect when you play the card.
If it's an action on the card you could trigger it whenever you like during your turn, once per generation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
DocSavage2001 wrote:
Is the part about "Add 2 microbes to ANOTHER card." a requirement for playing this card?

No.

This is actually mentioned as an example of the three exceptions to the "you must be able to perform the effects stated on the card" requirement in the rulebook on p.9 under "1) Check the requirements":
rulebook, p.9 wrote:
You may play a card that...
- adds resources that you can’t collect (for example adding microbe resources without having any microbe project to place them on).

Quote:
If so, can the microbes be put on ANY card? It doesn't really specifically say you have to put them on a card that has microbes on it.

No. You can only put microbe counters on cards that can store them, i.e. they must have an effect or an action that lets them collect/store microbes. (And likewise for any other non-standard resource, like animals or science counters.)

See also this thread: MICROBE?

Quote:
(Thinking maybe you could find some card to move those two microbes later to a card where they WOULD be useful, for instance.)

Nope, if you don't have a card already in play to place them on, those microbes are lost.

Tho as mentioned in the other thread, I suppose it would be legal to place them on another player's microbe project - but I don't know if that's something you'd ever want to do. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Spanish Fort
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer. I feel bad I even asked now since, as you pointed out, it's clearly right in the rules! ugh!

Thank you though!
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.