Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, lets say i choose a magnate multiplier during end of fair, and must place a barrwl on it. Later in the game, i use an expert to remve rhe barrel from the magnate multiplier. Is there a way to later place a different barrel on that magnate multiplier so i can score endgame vp?

Edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob D
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question and I've only played the 2016 edition once but I'd say if you have a spare barrel on your player board, you can put it on the multiplier tile again at any time (during your turn).

That being said, if someone has more thoroughly read through the 2016 rules (just skimmed them last night) and has a correction, I'm all ears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know there isn't a way to put the barrel back on. You have to use a wine expert action to take it off and return it to your supply, there isn't an action to place a barrel back on.

I'm pretty certain you can't just place spare barrels back on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no method for putting a barrel on a multiplier tile you've removed the barrel from with an expert. It's really not what you want to do with that expert(sales are the best removal, or perhaps Exports) unless you've given up scoring points with that multiplier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is what i thought, but wanted to see if i missed something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
j41c wrote:

In vintage 2010, using the barrel expert to take back a barrel from a score immediate magnate to quickly rescore it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
j41c wrote:

In vintage 2010, using the barrel expert to take back a barrel from a score immediate magnate to quickly rescore it.

Have absolutely no idea what you were trying to say here Michael. I'm guessing there are a few missing words or typos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
j41c wrote:

I will be using the term Managers instead of Magnate since I am a 2010 owner.

In vintage 2010, using the return barrel expert would bring the barrel back into your hand/supply. You would need to spend a wine tile AND have another barrel in that Manager's space or row that does not have a padlock (multipliers) to rescore the Sale immediate multiplier or Renown cube immediate multiplier. This can only be done after the 2nd Wine Fair if you placed a barrel to that manager in two separate Wine Fairs.

Until now I didn't think returning a barrel from the Manager's section was a good idea but the immediate score multipliers would be a good candidate to free up the barrel for reuse in a permanent multiplier or other use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.