Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Mc
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
From KS Update #71:

"I would love to make a 3D board, and also a laser engraved onto nice wood board! However, for the sake of the project and making sure all the key deadlines are hit we will only be focusing on a single version of the game board until the kickstarter is fulfilled."

I'd love to see these ideas realized in the next KS. I'd probably have to have both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
that would be nice (I would get the wooden one, but the 3d one risks to be severely unplayable, barring adding special support for when the monster stops over large terrain).
However, still waiting for the lantern festival announcement this month (another Friday has come and gone). let's just see what happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mbmb
I would love a board similar to the one used in the Kickstarter video, with all the 3D stone faces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
The wood board would be nice. Not 3D though. The wear and tear on that surface would destroy it rapidly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've actually been thinking about this and am trying to come up with some reasonable options. I think what would enhance the game the most would be 3D terrain and some kind of "border" or backdrop to make it feel less like a wtraditional board.

One option would be to make silicon molds or use Hirst arts molds to build a board. They don't sell floor mold the exact size, though, and it might be a little difficult to manage.

I'm gonna look into some options and report back. I've got a few ideas for some builds and maybe it would be possible to crowd source a design.

Also, here are some nice little basing kits that fit right in with the aesthetic. Noble knight sells them in the US.

http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?group=157

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Howe
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been tempted before to buy a bulk set of these and make a board with it. I figured I could use some of the extra stuff from sprues to have relics dropped from memorable moments in campaigns, like a super powerful/favorite character that dies an epic death(I still get attached to characters, even though I kill so many of them) , or a weapon from a nemesis encounter that went exceptionally well. I play with only one other person, so I feel this would help add a sense of continuity between the different settlements and campaigns, since the battlefield will be littered with the blood and relics of past fights. The current settlement would just wonder where they may have come from or have a realization that there are more settlements out there facing similar struggles.

http://www.jun-chu.com/Dungeon_Face_Tiles/p3734823_15955777....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
I'd like to have miniatures replaced with wooden cubes to go with this cutting board for a game board idea! I wonder if cost would go down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Full 3d board is an idea that crosses my mind from time to time. The method would be to make a mold of a single board square covered with faces and then multiply it. Then sculpt all the stuff in the center, add cracks and plants.

But I still have some 3d terrain left to do, some addon gear to magnetize, not to mention painting all the gear and monsters.

Maybe some day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
iamefficiency wrote:
I've been tempted before to buy a bulk set of these and make a board with it. I figured I could use some of the extra stuff from sprues to have relics dropped from memorable moments in campaigns, like a super powerful/favorite character that dies an epic death(I still get attached to characters, even though I kill so many of them) , or a weapon from a nemesis encounter that went exceptionally well. I play with only one other person, so I feel this would help add a sense of continuity between the different settlements and campaigns, since the battlefield will be littered with the blood and relics of past fights. The current settlement would just wonder where they may have come from or have a realization that there are more settlements out there facing similar struggles.

http://www.jun-chu.com/Dungeon_Face_Tiles/p3734823_15955777....

These are great but seem prohibitively expensive. They'd be perfect for the minis though.

I've got a few ideas that I'm toying with right now. I'm not quite the sculptor I used to but I'm going to try and make some 6" x 6" mask tile molds. Rather than adding squares for the minis I was thinking about a laser etched piece of acrylic to layer on top.

The other thought I had was to use negative space rather than positive: have a laser etched/cut design and put something underneath it like fairy lights. That would be easier in some ways because you could scan the mask base and create an image (vector or raster depending on how it turns out).

There are crowdsource design and illustration services that could put together a design on the cheap. Maybe I can get my shit together enough to get coordinate something with other interested parties.

What I really want to do is wire up some led lanterns through the bottom of a board. I've thought about how to wire the lonely tree, and I've seen watchers with leds running ro the head. I might try making some terrain with lights embedded to see how it works.

Of course, I have only put 6 models together and never even played the game. But I'm committed. The game had better be bad ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've actually started making tiles for casting. I haven't done casting like this before so we will see how it turns out. Once I'm done with the board I'll post details here how I put it all together, assuming it doesn't turn out all shitty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.