Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Um... 2 invoices? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the restarts and errors and crashing that happened during launch (I did the order fully 5 times and it only worked the 5th time or so I thought), did I buy two instead of one?

I got two order numbers, two invoices, etc etc... dang, I think I have two coming and got charged twice!

I assume it is as easy as contacting Riot and cancelling one? I am afraid BOTH will get cancelled!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Stevens
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure they have something in palce to ensure that you cannot order two, so it should be fine, but if your account gets charged twice you probably want to contact Riot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gamble
United States
Beaverton
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm had something similar happen.
When the web site was timing out, I got all the way one time to the submit order step, then it timed out on me and I thought it didn't get thru (this was checking out with guest account).
Later, when others posted the web site was responding and orders going thru, I went back and placed an order successfully logged in to my account.

Now I have 2 separate order #'s and 2 pending charges to my card. Already submitted a ticket to try to get one canceled but so far no response soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Farmington
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On my riot merch account, I have two orders also from a timed-out attempt. But one shows canceled already, the other one says processing. I'm not sure the time line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Riot wants to enforce "one package per customer", the easiest way for them is to process the first one and cancel the rest. I think with server meltdown and hours without email confirmation, some buyers bought multiple copies either because of the system or out of fear the previous transaction was not succeeded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle W
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
haHi~
badge
Hahi~
mbmbmbmbmb
IronWulf wrote:
I'm had something similar happen.
When the web site was timing out, I got all the way one time to the submit order step, then it timed out on me and I thought it didn't get thru (this was checking out with guest account).
Later, when others posted the web site was responding and orders going thru, I went back and placed an order successfully logged in to my account.

Now I have 2 separate order #'s and 2 pending charges to my card. Already submitted a ticket to try to get one canceled but so far no response soblue

Same situation with me, my first attempt was with my CC, the second attempt was with PayPal. I later found out they both went through, put in a ticket to cancel the one with my CC, though no reply yet. Just recently got an e-mail saying it's ready to ship, and no status update on the other. I've been charged in both places, so I hope the PayPal charge is reversed and I don't end up with two of the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Huckins
United States
savannah
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting on getting 1 invoice been 39 hrs. Paypal This is a temporary authorization to make sure your payment method will cover the payment. Your payment method will be charged when Riot Games Merchandise, Inc completes your order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erawen Lowhunger
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did 2 orders, got 2 invoices

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would send an email to Riot. -Probably more effective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I assume that the invoice means that my order was processed successfully? I always thought an invoice was a bill, but I am not a businessman so perhaps I am mistaken.

I wanted to check the status of my order and logged in and it said that I have no orders placed, but I ordered as a guest, so that makes sense. There is money taken out of my paypal account, however.

Any help would be appreciated ... I was one of the idiots that spent 4+ hours trying to order the game before I was successful (I think). Don't want all that time to have been more of a waste than it already was.

Alcann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
Can I assume that the invoice means that my order was processed successfully? I always thought an invoice was a bill, but I am not a businessman so perhaps I am mistaken.

I wanted to check the status of my order and logged in and it said that I have no orders placed, but I ordered as a guest, so that makes sense. There is money taken out of my paypal account, however.

Any help would be appreciated ... I was one of the idiots that spent 4+ hours trying to order the game before I was successful (I think). Don't want all that time to have been more of a waste than it already was.

Alcann

It may have been idiotic, but it was also kind of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it was fun. It was like a buffet line, everyone crashed it at once. Had we waited until the "line went down", it would have been smooth sailing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Delinck
United States
Hobart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:

I wanted to check the status of my order and logged in and it said that I have no orders placed, but I ordered as a guest, so that makes sense.

Guests can use the order number (from your Riot email invoice), their last name, and their email to see the status of their order. I'm handling it that way for my order and it works fine.

Mine is still listed as processing, which just means it hasn't shipped yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, contacted Riot to make sure they were aware of both orders and to cancel the later one. We'll see!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean that someone who was bumped to the December release might now get one sooner...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Gamble
United States
Beaverton
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is Monday and still no response to my ticket and both charges have gone thru on my CC and I've received two separate invoice emails. No shipment notification yet, so hopefully this still gets resolved and I'm not stuck with 2 games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat. If all else fails, I'll re-sell my 2nd copy at cost, but I'd rather not have the hassle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
I'm in the same boat. If all else fails, I'll re-sell my 2nd copy at cost, but I'd rather not have the hassle.

same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I got a response from support today. Apparently both copies have shipped (though my order status doesn't show that, and I haven't received a shipping notification), but they'll be sending me a return label for a full refund soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Well, I got a response from support today. Apparently both copies have shipped (though my order status doesn't show that, and I haven't received a shipping notification), but they'll be sending me a return label for a full refund soon.

I think this is going to happen to me, too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.